Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro Dry out - no signal for tuner

NinoScholz

I just got a korg pitchblack rack tuner. the dry out on the Pod HD pro is not sending any signal to it. If i plug the same cable into the pod's headphone jack the tuner works fine, so the tuner is fine, but nothing coming from the dry out. 

I have the pod HD in studio mode and am running the line outs into a stereo power amp, so both line outs are taken. I also tried the FX send with no luck (don't want to put FX loop in all my patches anyway). How does one get the dry out sending a signal? Cant find anything in the setup menu for it

The Dry Out takes its feed directly from the physical Guitar input jack. Your symptoms are consistent with your HD Pro preset using other Inputs rather than Guitar.  Yes?

aha! yes that is it - i use the line-in in the rear of the unit so no wires show in front of the rack. So sounds like i must use the guitar input to use the dry out? no other way eh?

only problem is the guitar input (either setting) is a different gain than both setting on line in. I just adjusted my patches accordingly. I can get a 90 degree cable to make it minimally invasive up front to go back to my wireless unit. 

Thanks again for your helps silverhead - love that i can mute the pod via tuner setting and still use rack tuner now.

Have my rack all setup using the front guitar jack, and everything works great including the tuner. Here's something i did not know until know - the rack sides/handle area (my rack is SKB i believe) can be unscrewed to reveal holes to pass cables through and such, so i have about 2 inches of cable showing in the front of rack and that is it, still permanently connected and out of the way just as it was using rear line input, and to boot i think the feel of the Pod has improved slightly using this input.

Excellent! You are right about a slightly different feel. That's because the Guitar input (and only the Guitar input) has a unique feature called Input-Z. You can obtain slightly different tonal effects using this setting. It's accessible on the Inputs Setup page (page 3 of 10). Try playing with it. The manual describes it like this:

Guitar In-Z (Knob 3) - Select the input impedance of the Guitar input. This feature affects tone and feel because your guitar pickups are being loaded as they would be by an effect pedal or a tube amplifier.