Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best acoustic settings on fx100 for variax

stav-uk

Hi everyone, just treated myself to a variax jt 59 and the fx100, two amazing pieces of kit, just wondered if any one has produced tones best used for the acoustic and reso models on the variax? i can get amazing tones for these through my old korg pedal board but cant seem to emulate that, i'm sure its in there wiith the amount of options, just looking for a short cut really, also i'm considering replacing my trusty Marshall for the Amplifi 150, i'm aware it does the same modelling as the fx100 but love the speaker set up and how music sounds streamed through it, does anyone have both or have any opinions on whether its worth it.

thanks for your time, from a newly converted purist.

I would start with one of the clean amp models (Tube Pre-Amp, Pieacoustic, Variax Acoustic). From there I would add any needed eq or compression to control dynamics and cut some unneeded frequencies that are jumping out. What is great about the FX100 is that you can connect to a PA speaker and get full range from the JTV acoustic sounds. In fact AMPLIFi 150 is full range as well, so you would get simaler results coming out of one box.

Refer to this link for pretty basic but extremely useful EQing tips for acoustic guitar..

http://www.homestudiocorner.com/mixing-acoustic-guitar-part-1-eq/

Refer to this link for pretty basic but extremely useful compression tips for acoustic guitar..

http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/compression-techniques-for-acoustic-guitar

@line6jbutter