Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD PRO X nav pad & tap button problems

mscozza

Hi, I've just bought a brand new Pod-HD-pro-X but as soon as I've put it on my desk I've found 2 little things not working in a proper way:

1) The 4 way nav pad is not firmly fixed. Let's say, it moves "softly" too much (mostly in the up-down directions, less in left-right). I can use it and push the 4 arrows and it works, anyway it is annoying in a brand new product. Is it normal it works this way? 

2) When I push the Tap button, it remains stuck for a while before it comes back. Obviously it's a BIG problem trying to Tap a correct tempo.

Are there DIY workarounds or have I to ask for a replacement?

(Video attached)

EDIT: I cannot upload video file, sorry.

On the HD500 the nav controls do sit kinda loosly. I think what you are describing is probably normal but to me it never felt wrong.

As for the tap tempo it doesn;t sound right, it shouldn't stick. 

You have a brand new machine it might just be a little new stiffness. You could try blowing some compressed air (in a can )

Or even some keyboard silicon spray to unstiffen if that is the issue, if no avail open a support ticket.

On both my hd500 and hd500x the nav buttons (the entire assembly) is somewhat loose, with ~3mm of play. Never had a problem with functionality though.

The sticky switch doesn't sound normal. Use bjnette's suggestions or sit there and continuously switch it until maybe something (the spring?) pops into a more correct position.

• 1 month later...

I have the same sticky Tap button problem on my new HD Pro X. The button itself is made of, or covered with, a plastic/rubbery material very similar to the material covering the handle of a pair of pliers. If you slide your finger across the button, your finger will stick or drag on the material surface.

I assume this is the same problem you're having.

Tapping the button, unless I am completely dead center with a perfectly perpindicular light tap, the button will hesitate before it pops out. If the tap is from or on the side, the hesitation is pretty lengthy. A fast tap sequence can be virtually impossible.

When I called Sweetwater tech support, where I purchased it, the rep went to check if the one they had set up did the same thing. He called back and said it did. Between us we assumed it was a design flaw.

But if others don't have the problem, maybe it's time we both contact Line 6 support!!!

• 1 year later...

Hello There,

It is the same things in Europe product. All is perfect in the POD HD PROX Rack and the only things which could bring problem for a long lifetime is this the 4 way nav pad. It seems very bad manufacturing device and with fatigue (like a thin metal rope after bending/folding several times => the metal rope breakdown) I am sure this 4 way nav will not resist in a long lifetime (especially as the diameter is a few millimeters). Sometimes I have to push 2 times in order to go on the left way. It is a shame in a new product especially since everything else in this rack is very solid.

The question is: What will do Line 6? Do Line 6 have a solution for this hidden defect ? What can I do?

Line 6 have to progress and think to all function in the furture before sale a new product.

Best regards from France.

Phil.