Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMPLIFi vs. POD HD500X - AC 30 Top Boost Comparison

ChristianArnold

Nice one Chris...HD500 definitely seemed to be more transparent in terms of hearing the guitars tone come through, that may be because it was just a slightly cleaner setting, not sure. with tones are great tho!  I have the AMPLIFI75 and HD500x and love them both for their applications.

The HD500 clip did seem to breathe a bit more, for lack of a better term. Perhaps the Amplifi clip sounded more compressed. I also thought the way the delays sat on the original signal sounded a lot different.

Nice job! I have a Pod X3 Live that I practice with and a POD HD500x I use with my band. You clip is dead on on the tones of each. I think the HD500x is bigger and more responive to your playing and I can almost tell on the clip where you dig into the stirngs a bit more and hold back a bit. The X3 tech (AMPLIFi) in your clip can indeed sound great but think the POD takes it overall.