Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone III XL stereo fx loop

OK, here is my problem which I hope some of you lovely people can solve for me (as it is making my head hurt!)

I have a Flextone III XL which I have ripped apart to make a head & 2 1x12 cabs.  I love the ping pong stereo delay & stereo chorus on it, and it sounds delightful when you can spread the cabs a bit more.

I also have a Zoom G5, which I use like a stompbox for some additional effects that the Flex is lacking.

Both have mono inputs, but stereo outputs (I think)

I would like to use the stereo on both units, but I am bewildered if I can work out a way to do this.  If I put the Zoom in the effects loop, it takes the stereo off the Flex.  If I put the Zoom into the front of the Flex, it stops the stereo from the Zoom.

Is there a way to keep the stereo on both?

Thanks in anticipation.  Mark

The Flex delivers incredible stereo effects, but your multi-effects unit has to have stereo FX sends and returns in order for this to work. I think your G5 only has a left and right output. I use a Line6 M13 multi-effects processor that has L/R outputs as well as L/R inputs & outputs for it's FX send and return. Set that up with the FIVE cable method and you are in for some of the richest sounding effects you will ever hear.  Feel free to buzz me if you need help figuring out the connections. 

I did have an M5, but didn't like it.  That one set up fine (stereo FX send/return - easy-peasy!)

It would be good if I could route to amps FX to after the loop.  It would be fine then.

I think I am just going to have to go into the front with the Zoom and use the stereo FX on the amp (which are indeed glorious)

Thanks anyhow