Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD HD Pro X and Spider IV 150

Mjelde

I have a Line 6 Spider IV 150, and I was told I could hook my Line 6 POD HD Pro X with it. I have no idea how to hook it up, I looked at the instruction manual, I got the cord that was recommended and to plug it in to the spider in the cd/mp3 slot. But where do I connect the other part of the wire to the POD? When I connect the one end of the wire into the unbalanced output which has two slots on the POD and switch the switch to amp, I get no sound coming from my amp at all when I strum my guitar. I have the guitar plugged into the pod and no sound, but if i plug my guitar into the spider amp I get the sound thats produced by the spider amp not the POD. What can I do? Are they even compatible?

I'm not sure on this but sounds like you are running a stereo cable from the pod to the spider, so L/R outputs from the pod (2 outputs, left and right out) into the stereo line in on the spider, which would be correct, since you'll be using just the power amp on the spider that way and the spider is a stereo amp. Now you have to set up your pod patches in stereo to output to both L and R channels, and make sure you spider is connected to your speaker cab in stereo as well.