Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sound card not writing to hard drive when recording/suspected ASIO driver/software compatibility issue

The product is the Line 6 UX-1 audio interface; I could not find a menu to register that product. the serial number (I'm assuming SN is that) is (21) [serial removed]. ASIO driver (Windows 7) won't write the audio that I hear through POD Farm. I also tested my amp and get a lot of background static with the 15 watt Line 6 Spyder IV amp. So far my experiments to troubleshoot involved researching how to get Audacity to write audio, That would require using a recompiled version of Audacity for ASIO driver support. That is the crux of what I need help with, I can use POD tones entirely if the amp is just staticky or needs maintenance first. I've gotten the audio waveforms in Reaper and Sonar 8, so I know that it can detect the input. It simply won't write to disk. This might be asking a bit much, but I'd also like support to get my keyboard working sicne that encountered driver issues as well. I've included all information in my Support Profile for OS, drivers, etc. Thank you in advance, after I get the drivers working everything should go smoothly! Love Line 6 guitar tones!

I remember reading somewhere that Audacity is not compatible with ASIO.  When you say with Reaper (and Sonar 8) you see waveforms, but it 'won't write to disc', you mean that although you have Reaper set to record, nothing records so that on playback, the waveform disappears or you just can't hear it?  If you save the (recorded) track, close it out, then reopen, is the waveform there?  How are you monitoring - is the UX1 selected as your audio output device?