Sign in to follow this  
Mojosoul

Version 2.0 Update On Dt25 Hd...what Good Is It?

Basically, I've updated the amp hd to 2.0....I understand it updates from 4 voices to 30...ok, so how do I access those 30 in amp only mode?  I have a 500HD and have it plugged via L6, but why update if this is the case?...

If you never use the DT25 or 50 apart from the HD500, the update doesn't really give you anything you can't already do. It's more of a benefit for people who use the amp apart from the POD. You can access the additional preamps and additional reverbs through MIDI.

this is actually wrong.... the "voicings" on the amp are just preconfigured amp models... and you can change them...

but keep in mind no matter what you do... its still a 2 channel amp.

you have to use midi to change those 2 channels and the associated 4 voicings per if you wanted to.

if you have a midi interface, i'd suggest trying one of these tools:

http://line6.com/support/topic/124-user-created-dt-editors/

I understand it updates from 4 voices to 30

I get it...thanks for the info...just getting started with this rig and want to understand as much as I can... ;)

• Upvote 1

Something cool on the DTxx amps is that you can use a specific amp model, but then change the topology to get a different sound.  For example, the Mesa Dual Rec uses topology IV by default, but it sounds great on topology I. 

jws...once you switch over to top I then you're no longer in IV though, you're now playing a clean fender BF aren't you?  I don't get it...

In the update, you're given the ability to control the negative feedback topology independent of the preamp model. So, actually, this is something that you can't really do with the HD500 connected to the DT-25. The four choices you have for the negative feedback topology are tight, loose, zero negative feedback, and resonant. So with that, you can create preamps that are kind of hybrids.

this is something that you can't really do with the HD500 connected to the DT-25.

not true , in edit you can choose the 4 voicings, pentode/triode, class A   A/B  with all preamp models.

i run the treadplate in topology 3 and sometimes 1, soldano in 3 etc.

not true , in edit you can choose the 4 voicings, pentode/triode, class A   A/B  with all preamp models.

Oh, yeah, I see you're right... I've really not experimented with the different topologies before. I should have thought twice before typing.

So, really, than again, if you're always using the DT25 with the HD500, the update doesn't really give you much benefit.

Another advantage of the 2.0 update: if you are using the DTxx reverb rather than an HDxxx reverb effect (for instance, to save DSP in the HD), the update allows you to configure a different TYPE of reverb in the DT (if you don't like the default). This can only be set with MIDI though, not with the L6 Link