Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport UX2 and Pro tools 11

Need some help here. I just upgraded from a UX1 to a UX2 under the assumption I was going to be able to record on two separate tracks at the same time in Pro tools.  I figured out how to get two mic's goin, or a mic and guitar, but pro tools is only recognizing send 1 as the only option for a source. I was wanting to record live drums with two mics, one in its own track for the kick drum mic, and another in its separate track for an overhead of the kit.  Please tell me this is possible and im just not doing something right.  Or, is the UX2 not TRULY a 2 channel interface, in that it just sends two mics into 1 channel.  I hope thats not the case.  

Make sure you have the correct drivers installed for the UX2.  I don't know PT, but in most DAWs you have to set the preferences to show both/all possible inputs, sounds to me like you have PT set to only recognize one input.

8 tracks? seriously? so ur saying i could hook 8 mic's to my drum kit and have each mic going to its on channel in pro tools?  if so thats great, but i dont think you can.  I know you have to tell Pro tools what input to use, but when i go to select, the drop down just gives me 1 opetion, Send1.  thats it.  how to I fix this.  

I apologize for the confusion, please allow me to clarify. You could use 4 tracks in PT for the "A" output on the UX2, and 4 tracks in PT for the "B" on the UX2, say for instance, for a stereo tracked quad wall of guitar. For each track armed/recorded in PT, you can eq slightly diffferent, add 4-12ms of delay for space, panned all over the place etc... I did not mean to imply that you could record 8 "incoming" tracks simultaneously with the UX2, but rather "8 in PT" using the 2 UX2 outputs. This was just an example. Now, if you had the discontinued UX8, you could conceivably record 8 discrete tracks simultaneously, but as I understand it, only 2 at a time could be discretely processed through POD Farm, the rest would have to go direct from the UX8 inputs to the PT track, appropriately selected. At least, that's what I've been told when I've asked the question.

OK, i just figured out how to set up protools to recognize 2 inputs!. i now have two independent lines at the same time.  Now, is it really possibly to use all 8 outputs for 8 channels? if so, how? haha

You can probably record 8 tracks at the same time with your DAW, I use Ableton and do it sometimes. Flying Squirrel is most likely correct. I haven't used pro tools yet. In Ableton, just open 8 audio tracks and select the input you want it to record and you can process independently. Make sure you arm all the tracks. If you play with it long enough you'll figure it out. Somewhere in internet land there must be a video explaining it.

Edited by Brazzy