Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NAMM 2015 just around the corner and no news for variax not holding my breath anymore

Well the Namm 2015 show is just around the corner. So far no news or rumours for updates or incremental features for the variax or even a new variax guitar .  I am certainly not holding my breath anymore.

I think the JTV is soon to become the past , an abandoned project since the last disastrous ( IMO) firmware update. The last update  was a long time ago. And just having a glance at the ideas scale....there is so much in there that the company could actually make a profit and keep existing costumers smiling.

Yeah! I want my free everything for life!!!! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!!! And I want a pony (preferably white), and a free trip to the Caribbean with my next modeler purchase. My unrealistic expectations are the world's problem....now somebody fix it while I sit here on the couch!!!!! 

I would like an update no later than 3:17 PM EST....

And why isn't my coffee still hot? When will someone address THAT?  Is it me?!?!?!?!

• Downvote 2

Well I didn't mean  that the company should give away freebies such as a new workbench with 100 of new guitars and so on.

No way!! they should get paid for their hard work hence showing some sign of life and communicating with your costumers is the key. They have the total right now to stop the generosity and only give paid updates.

It was a number of years after the initial Variax generation before the JTV's were introduced. And for that, for the first time that i am aware of, they went out to the user community to get input on what people would like to see in the next generation of Variax. Even after that, people complained. It appears that Line 6 have been focused on the Amplifi line of late. Before that it was the Speakers. Before that it was the M20D. Before that it was the HD floor POD's...

Each one of these lines has people wondering what's going to happen next with them. IMHO, I think that they work on a cycle and it just takes time for the focus to come back to specific product lines. I was hoping that the Yamaha take-over would infuse more $$ and therefore more people that would improve this but it's been a year now...

Anyway, as a Line 6 user for several years now, starting with a Variax 300 many years ago, this has been my experience so far and patience has been what it takes for things to happen. 

Wow cruisinon2 , You are a Genius!

What a great logical thinker ! Sorry to hear about your chev...I hope you can shove it up where it fits.

Having said that, I do hope your music doesn't sound as bad as your answers here though.

On a good note : Thanks scotterp  !!  I wasn't aware of their long waiting cycle since  the Variax JTV is my first product from Line 6, hopefully won't be the last.

Cheers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1