Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amp block before or after the mixer block (difference)

guilhordas

only today, after four years using the pod hd, I noticed that put the amp block before or after the mixer block makes a lot of difference in tone and volume. Where you guys guys think better? Even if the volume on mixer is 0 thera is tone difference

in my case i use pan in the center

if the amp is placed after, and depending on the pan and faders settings, the mixer can act both as a booster, or to lower the signal level going to the amp..

that's why you hear a difference between the 2 positions..

personally I prefer the standard position before the mixer, also to preserve the mixer role to mix two different and separate channels, and determine the final output level (especially through USB).

strangely I just hear distortion when I put the mixer before the amp. I do not see the point in open pans because I use my pod mono, only use one XLR cable in out

I started to notice this distortion when one ran boss rc2 loop in  out 1/4 pod , through a Cable 1 /4 (pod  oult 1/4 / in loop pedal / pedal out to mixer), when I record and listen to the loop notice that diostorcion this, but after I put the amp after the mixer not distorted more, I do not know if I'm right.

Am i running right my setup?

My question is, as I use the mono pod,  Irun only one XLR or 1/4 of the pod out,   should I mute the  b channe in mixerl or open the pan completely ?

putting the pan in the center is almost as doubling the signal level at the output of the mixer, therefore if you put an amp after, it will change both its distortion and volume levels, compared to the pre mixer position..

open the pan is to put pans to the righ or left side, in my case i use in the center boths channels of mixer

my chain is mono , i dont use 2 patchs , just one patch,what do you mean  pre position? 

Im asking what i shoul do to have the more clean sound, without any distorcion .and whithout doubling the signal

sorry my english

what do you mean exactly by "open the pan completely"?

where is your chain?.. all in path A,.. or in pre position?

also, you're asking what you should do, but it is unclear for what

Should I mute the chanel b or is not necessary?place the pans to the right and to the left side is going to turn down the volume a bit, this is normal right?

by "pre position" I mean pre split position, or in other words: the chain is not in path A only..

and if I understud well you are already using the default pre split position.. so let's go ahead..

you should put pan A 100% to the left and pan B 100% to the right..

the amp model is mono and therefore will render to mono anything coming from before it