Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connect POD to audio interface?

Kobber

Hi,

I just bought a POD HD, and I'm in a little bit of doubt, on how to connect the "bean" for recording - in the best possible way. 

My thoughts right now is, that I will connect the POD through the outputs to my audio interface (Focusrite), but still have the POD connected to my Mac via USB, so I can use the POD Edit.

Would that be the optimal, or...?

And a sub-question: If the above is the right way to do it, would you then connect it with two cables - one for the left and for the right, and then into input 1 and input 2 on my audio interface? Or is it enough to use the left output from the POD to one input on my audio interface (since I'm panning and dubbing anyway)?

Thanks in advance!

First off, because I want to use Pod Edit at the same time to tweak the tones, and I've heard that it could interfere if using the Pod as a audio interface and Edit at the same time.

Second of all because I don't use the Pod all the time. So I would have to change audio interface and monitor cables all the time, if I should use the Pod as a audio interface.

If you're only ever recording mono, sure you could use only the left output.

There's no problem recording POD HD into a Focusrite interface. I record my POD HD Pro into an Apogee Symphony I/O.

If you wanted to use POD's USB audio interface, there shouldn't be any interference with POD HD Edit. It's designed to work that way.