Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

One Speaker Not working - Flextone II

Hello everyone!

First post here and hopefully someone can help shed some light on my issue.

I  noticed this morning that I only have sound coming out of one speaker on my Flextone II XL. Not sure how long this has been happening. I used a multi-meter on the speakers and they were good. I then pulled the red/black wires off (the bad ones) and switched them with the white/black wires. Now the "bad" speaker is working and the other speaker is not.

I have narrowed it down to the red/black wires on the unit. So I pulled the board out and traced the wires and it looks like they are soldered to a motherboard of some kind. It looks like there is a good connection...so I am not sure of what my next steps would be.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Troy

I am hoping someone will come to my rescue soon!  It seems that I am just not getting some sort of signal from the red and black wire.

Wondering if I could do a "jumper" wire from the two good wires going to the other speaker so that both speakers will work? I am not worried about stereo or things like that...but also don't want to blow up my amp.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the FLEX II XL have an effect loop on the back of the amp?  Or a CD/MP3 input?  Headphone jack?

If so, take a guitar cable and insert it into each of these inputs 20 times or so - not violently, but just carefully insert and work it in-and-out of any accessory jack.  See if that works.

Some "switching jacks" can become oxidized over time, and this often solves the problem.

• 1 month later...

My Flextone III has the same problem - but the jacks solution didn't work.

There are no internal fuses, no evidence of burning at components etc...

Is there some hidden

'pan' control to send output to one speaker only?

There was an old op amp fix on the old boards but no solutions now as the link to the technical updates doesnt workl

AL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Try running cable from the speaker out jacks on the back straight to the speakers. 

Pretty easy to do, and you could use it like that forever without any on-board soldering. 

I am not quite sure what you are saying here. Are you saying put a cable into those jacks, then put a "speaker connector" on the other end straight to the speakers?

Yes mate.   It would be basically the same as using extension speakers.  Just make a couple of cables with speaker wire.  1/4" jack on one end, speaker connectors on the other.

I'm basing this on my Flextone III, which I am assuming would be fairly similar to yours.

This would work if it was a problem with the wiring to your speakers.

Hope it helps