Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal - Confused

dhewer

Hello POD People....

I have the POD HD 500X.  MAC, OS X 10.10, yada,yada.  All Good.

I have the LINE 6 Mission pedal EP1-L6 as the OFFBoard pedal.

What is the ONBoard pedal?  Is that EXP 1?

The POD is set at "NEW TONE".  The EP1-L6 pedal id unplugged.

The indicator light is green on EXP 2.  WHAT!!!.....shouldn't that be EXP 1?

So I am totally confused.

I want to keep the volume pedal on the ONBoard and assign the AMP Channel volume to the EP1-L6.....

The patch I have DL (SynthPad by darkimgg) does not distinguish the assignments I am giving the POD.

Thanks 

DHewer

post-171526-0-11612000-1421606799_thumb.png

post-171526-0-73349700-1421607125_thumb.png

post-171526-0-88378500-1421607210_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

I also have a Mission pedal fro EXP 2. So I am assigning EXP 1 for volume and EXP2 (Mission) for wah or expression. I have been moving the  volume pedal in the HD500X edit program more to the end of the chain so as to have control over trails and feedback. Is the volume pedal stereo? I don't want to put it too far in the chain so as to change my stereo ping pong delay to mono, if it is not stereo. I don't want it at the beginning as it tends to change the tone. What is a good rule of thumb for the volume pedal placement?

I also have a Mission pedal fro EXP 2. So I am assigning EXP 1 for volume and EXP2 (Mission) for wah or expression. I have been moving the  volume pedal in the HD500X edit program more to the end of the chain so as to have control over trails and feedback. Is the volume pedal stereo? I don't want to put it too far in the chain so as to change my stereo ping pong delay to mono, if it is not stereo. I don't want it at the beginning as it tends to change the tone. What is a good rule of thumb for the volume pedal placement?

One option; try assigning the volume pedal to the amp(s) volume parameter.  And, yes, the volume pedal maintains your stereo signal.  To globally reduce volume while maintaining gain, it's probably better towards the end.  In front, the volume pedal can act as a preamp; and have more of a 'clean up' effect as the volume is lowered.

• Upvote 1

That is a great idea, assigning the expression pedal to the channel volume of the amp. Looks like that will also free up one of the 8 DSP FX channels. So, if I can't think of anything else I want in a patch, I use the EXP 2 Mission pedal for wah. I don't suppose wah would be stereo. Wait, let me look back through the HD500X Advanced Guide. I quote, "It is important to note that some Models (all EQs, Wahs & Volume, and some Modulations,

Filters, Pitches and Delays, as well as the FX Loop) preserve a stereo output within the signal chain, while others (all Dynamics, Distortions, all Amps & Preamps, and other various Models) are mono FX and do not." So I can put the wah on the end of the chain without worrying about loosing my stereo effect. Awesome. Where is the list that states if an effect has a mono or stereo output? Can you tell by looking someplace in the edit software? Maybe a block diagram of the HD500X would be helpful also. Thank you.