Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Seems theres something on the way for guitarists at NAMM

Dshow

I heard its a partnership with an as yet unnamed pharmaceutical company...they've finally developed a pill that will turn the worst player in the world into a virtuoso.

Possible side effects include constant bleeding from both eyes, demonic possession, and an uncontrolable desire to cover "Roxanne" as a polka.

• Upvote 4

I heard its a partnership with an as yet unnamed pharmaceutical company...they've finally developed a pill that will turn the worst player in the world into a virtuoso.

Possible side effects include constant bleeding from both eyes, demonic possession, and an uncontrolable desire to cover "Roxanne" as a polka.

That would be great ;-)

After amplifi, I can't take L6 announcements seriously anymore. Let's remain calm and wait and see.

I actually think Amplifi75 is a great product. It actually made me play more! I had to sell mine to afford a L3t but in a perfect world with more disposable income I would certainly have one of these permanently sitting in my living room.

I'll help feed the rumor mill.

I predict it will be a Yamaha 7 String Variax with piezzo, magnetic and midi pickups along with integrated bluetooth (allowing you to run Workbench from your mobile phone).

why limit it to 7 strings. 

8's and 9's are the in-thing 

It may be a great product, but do you remember the hype? "THE GUITAR AMP, REINVENTED"... really?

LOL, yeah, true...... this is why I am so intrigued by this NAMM... there has been zero hype this time round and yet I have seen a few post by Line 6 demo guys that they are familiarizing themselves with new gear for this week...........  I'm a sucker for marketing antics :)

The plot thickens....

"Day 1 and the sunshine state of California is missing the sunshine! Off to Line 6 HQ later today to see 3 new products although disappointingly not the one I was hoping to see - that's been put back to March - can't say any more but I will try and get a sneak peak later!!"

Line 6 behind on a release date? Say it ain't so!

The plot thickens....

"Day 1 and the sunshine state of California is missing the sunshine! Off to Line 6 HQ later today to see 3 new products although disappointingly not the one I was hoping to see - that's been put back to March - can't say any more but I will try and get a sneak peak later!!"

From what I understand, Line 6's new release is a tiara that scans your brain in realtime and plays the music you hear in your head. Interestingly, it still doesn't help people who are tone deaf. And in truth, because they're a modelling company, it actually plays the music you hear in your head as if it was in the head of the person standing next to you. Because it is actively engaged with your DNA, it's was supposed to be called the double-helix, but you can't trademark DNA, so they had to reduce it to helix.

• Upvote 2

It's a tiara that 

From what I understand, Line 6's new release is a tiara that scans your brain in realtime and plays the music you hear in your head. Interestingly, it still doesn't help people who are tone deaf. And in truth, because they're a modelling company, it actually plays the music you hear in your head as if it was in the head of the person standing next to you. Because it is actively engaged with your DNA, it's was supposed to be called the double-helix, but you can't trademark DNA, so they had to reduce it to helix.

It's actually a DSP powered model of the lost diadem of Ravenclaw. When the user wears the tiara (diadem) it has emulations designed to model the thinking process of the greatest guitarists, musicans, song writers and composers. You can also set it to dual-hemispheres mode, which allows the user to combine thinking processes of two artists at the same time!

During beta testing, something did go wrong however; the user experienced a temporal brain merge involving the left brain thought process of Ozzy Osbourne as filtered through the right brain of the Mozart emulation, and he thought he was a rubber ducky for three days. We're happy to announce he achieved 99% pesonality recovery! Sometimes he still barks at the moon while quacking like the Afflac duck in 3/4 time. 

;)