Sign in to follow this  
deucethesoundman

custome tones want to open in reason instead of hd500 edit

So when I download a new tone from the line 6 website, it goes in my downloads and when I click on it to open it while I have hd500 edit opens, it wants to open the line 6 amp in reason. Any know how to fix? Really weird, never had this problem before. Just started doing it.

Right click on a .h5 file and choose HD Edit as Standard program to open those files

• Upvote 2

when I click on it to open it 

please explain this more. 

I don't understand why we are double clicking trying to open an h5e. Is this another feature that I have yet to discover? 

Its weird, all the other downloads that I have downloaded are the .h5 file, but now when I download on the site they .l6t files. Tried going to the filed and right clicking to open with hd500 edit and it still didn't work. I appreciate all the help.

and I'm not double clicking. i have a mac and when it appears in my downloads I just click on it once and it should just open in hd500 edit automatically. 

1. l6t files are not hd500 files. Are you sure that you have the right 'search' criteria set?

2. I don't use a Mac, but... I wonder if I set my file associations - if clicking will on a pc will do the same? Someone, in the know, please explain.

2a. Not that I want to get in the habit of click-to-open. I like drag-and-drop. I just like knowing all possible options.

please explain this more. 

I don't understand why we are double clicking trying to open an h5e. Is this another feature that I have yet to discover? 

With right click I meant right click on the h5e file. Then a menu appears with an entry "open with" (or similar - I'm not on a english PC). Then you get a list with programs to open it and there you can set a mark to use the HD Edit as standard program to open the files. Hope this is understandable better - I could make a screen shot but as I said not on a english PC.

Sorry deucethesoundman thought you where using a pc. I don't know how to do that on a MAC

With right click I meant right click on the h5e file. Then a menu appears with an entry "open with" (or similar - I'm not on a english PC). Then you get a list with programs to open it and there you can set a mark to use the HD Edit as standard program to open the files. Hope this is understandable better - I could make a screen shot but as I said not on a english PC.

OK, that is basic computing knowledge. I understand that part. 

But from a user standpoint... 

What is the benefit of opening a file with EDIT? 

Currently, when I want to put a file into EDIT, I open EDIT. I drag-and-drop a file or I use the menu in EDIT named FILE and choose OPEN. 

What happens if you set your associations and just click a file?