Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 in fx loop - tech info

lowyaw

Been recently trying out HD500 in the place of my old trusty TC Gmajor, in the loop of the Triaxis preamp. I guess I need some specific tech info (sorry if it could show up in the search - i quickly glanced through couple of pages, there was nothing of interest to me):

I run amp loop send > POD loop return "L/mono" > POD 1/4 unbalanced outs > amp's loop return. There is a switch on the POD that goes from "stomp level" (louder) to "line unit" level (quieter). As I have no idea how loud the loop send on the Triaxis is, in order not run into clipping in the POD, should I use line level? Does it attenuate the loop input level specifically?

Is there any indication, how much input signal can POD tolerate before clipping?

Is it a good idea to run the amp's send into POD's "loop return", as opposed to running into "guitar in"?

POD should be in the studio/direct mode, as it seems to be the "flattest" mode and  I suppose it colours the tone the least - is it correct?

Thank you.

forget the POD FX loop for what you are doing.  Just go into the Guitar In and use the 1/4 out and you will have no issues.  The switch you are asking about controls POD FX Send levels anyways.

i thought guitar in was instrument level, and loop return - line level, which seems to be more appropriate in my case? am I applying wrong logic here?