Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global EQ for DreamRig with DT25

Surely you happened that changing environment (room, musicians, etc.), Your patches did not sound more like the previous day.
Perhaps it would be enough to equalize differently, but we should do it for all the patches. For this, I thought about putting an EQ (stomp box like Boss GE7) in the send / return of the POD, leaving the loop activate on all patches and keep the EQ stomp off under normal conditions.
Otherwise, if you need to review the entire equalization, you can activate the stomp EQ to tuning your global eq and it will be valid for all patches.
What do you think about ?

Sorry for my english

i believe this is a good-practice approach.

go 4 it.

useful links:

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/90693/

Re: Global EQ on HD500
by talwilkins on 2013-01-12 09:57:33

I use a GLX 10-band EQ stompbox in the effectloop at the end of the chain in all my patches.

This way I effectively have a global EQ. It works really well for me.

I can also use it to attenuate the volume when at home. That way I don't need the LV mode on my DT-25.

I know it's not ideal because you should ultimately attenuate between the power amp and the speaker but it sounds pretty good anyway.

http://line6.com/support/topic/8225-dilemma-pod-hd-on-pa-lottery/?do=findComment&comment=56994

http://line6.com/support/topic/7292-so-i-finally-jumped-ship-dumped-my-hd500-and-the-last-of-my-line-6-gear/page-4?do=findComment&comment=56923

The Zoom MS-70 CDR is the ticket for me. Has a great 7 band stereo EQ, a stereo noise gate, a separate true bypass module with level control and a ton of great chorus, delays and reverbs.  I put it in the FX Loop after the mixer and it works great.  You can run up to 6 FX at the same time so the gate and EQ can be on every patch as a global effect.

• Upvote 1

in fact, this is precisely my doubt: how will it work? will be simple to use for quick edits? it will be a parametric eq or a graphic one? I think I'll wait the new firmware, and then i'll buy in eq ..

How you use the MXR? In the loop, at the end of the chain? The levels of send and return ?

tks

The Zoom MS-70 CDR is the ticket for me. Has a great 7 band stereo EQ, a stereo noise gate, a separate true bypass module with level control and a ton of great chorus, delays and reverbs.  I put it in the FX Loop after the mixer and it works great.  You can run up to 6 FX at the same time so the gate and EQ can be on every patch as a global effect.

Yeah, +1 to this idea! I picked up one of the Zoom MS-70 CDR too. Thing sounds fantastic! And check this out: it has a Zoom model of the Line6 Particle Verb!!! That one is a notorius DSP hog, and the Zoom version sounds great. For a reverb effect, it's subtle and specific.

Programming the Zoom into the FX loop of the HD500 is perfect, because you can assign an FS to turn on/off the FX loop if you want. The Zoom has a mode where when you press the footswitch it just toggles through "on deck" presets. Dial in a few basic configurations, keeping in mind that it will likely sound best in the 'post' amp model slot. I think Radatats was saying he puts it just after the amp model mixer block, so the noise gate functions after the amp models but before any reverbs and delays.

I am guessing the HD500 noise gate is mono? The Zoom noise gate, as he mentioned, is stereo. I guess that matters more if the signal coming off the amp/mixer block is in stereo; such as doing dual amp models and such. Anyway, a nice compliment to the HD500 rig! I had previously used an M13; works great, total overkill. Plus, in the post amp model slot only certain FX from the M13 sounded good. Delays reverbs chorus - great. Distortion, comps, autowahs, not so much.. Those tend to prefer the 'pre' amp model position.

Plus, the M13 is a floor space hog. The Zoom is tiny and easy to squeeze into the pedalboard I have my HD500 in.