Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to use Expression Pedal without loosing a block

evh5150combo

Hi everybody, I use HD500 for FX Only with my 5150 iii, connected in 4cm. I would like to assing the expression pedal as a volume pedal, but I don't want to loose another block besides the fx loop. I would like to assign something like the mixer level (but it's not possilbe) or the return level (but it goes only UP). Any ideas?

Why did line6 set the return level to go only up? 

ok, then set mix=100 + assign the return parameter --> exp1/2 (max100=24db, min=0db).

This does not work. If I set an exp pedal to the return parameter, when i close the pedal, the return does not mute. Unfortunately the return level at "zero" does not mean "no signal"

This does not work. If I set an exp pedal to the return parameter, when i close the pedal, the return does not mute. Unfortunately the return level at "zero" does not mean "no signal"

it works i u c it the opposite way.

i mean consider the fx return param as a -24 db level controller.

so, set fx loop return=+24db 'n assign the hd500's master knob in such a way that with these settings u achieve the loudest output.

now, by  reducing the fx return level 2 "zero" with the exp1/2, u can actually cut the output signal by 24 db.

i suppose this is "near mute", isn't it?

it works i u c it the opposite way.

i mean consider the fx return param as a -24 db level controller.

so, set fx loop return=+24db 'n assign the hd500's master knob in such a way that with these settings u achieve the loudest output.

now, by  reducing the fx return level 2 "zero" with the exp1/2, u can actually cut the output signal by 24 db.

i suppose this is "near mute", isn't it?

Well, i've tryed this solution. If i put the return level at maximum and compensate reducing the output level, the trick seems to work. The only problem is that this way i send a very hot signal to the effects after the loop block and i still have to verify if it could be a problem. Thank you this is a good one.

• Upvote 1