Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No more reboot problems

Dedoxinator

Hi fellow spider jammers,

I had the same trouble as a lot of posters on here with the SJ rebooting for no apparent reason. Today I just took out the 2GB Sandisk SD card, switched off waited a while. Then switched on without the card, did a little looping etc without the card in the SJ. Then I put the card back in and it all works fine again.

I know that this is primarily a site for technical problems, but it would be nice if there was more discussion of the music we use our Spiders for, influences, other equipment etc. Anyone agree? I play a couple of Gibson Studios and am into Classic Rock. I spend most of my time playing my own material and am influenced by Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Bowie, and many more.

post-1809271-0-38865200-1421843324_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update! Maybe you had a recording glitch of some kind. Glad you linked it to taking the card out etc.. I haven't had any real issues like that since the last update.

Just made this with the Spider Jam recently using the "Jax" drums Rock'in the Jax Beat  yesterday using the "Unexcited" Song Unexcited and forget which drums >> Lossening Up, lol.

Added: Hav'in a Blast

Edited by Brazzy
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply Brazzy.

You seem to be making great use of the Spider and the Pod to really explore the possibilities out there. Have you been playing a long time?

One of the things I most like about the SJ is how easy it is to get stuff down at any moment. Before I got the SJ, when I had an idea, by the time I get the computer on, everything hooked up and GB or Logic running the inspiration had died, whereas I only have to flick the on switch and play with the SJ. Built in recording for an amp is the best idea ever. I can't understand why all amps don't have it, other than expense.

I love the looper most of all. My only problem is having the discipline to stop myself from putting on too many layers and ending up with a mush of sound.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply Brazzy.

Hey Dedoxinator,

I like the same things about the Spider Jam that you do as you can just pick it up and play and record your riffs then edit them and add to them with the computer later.

It's easy to lose inspiration when it come to making music digitally so a short set up time means a-lot. As far as the loop goes, it's easy to pile up riffs on it although this isn't really a problem 'cause while piling up riffs and making a muddy mess your actually getting your fingers moving and learning new moves without realizing it, lol. Plus you can always delete it or save it and start over fast enough to record that new move you made. Writers of past would throw away a-lot of paper making mistakes as they write, with music we can just delete it and start over, lol.

Have a Great Day and Rock On!

In 2008 I started to try to learn how to play and repair the guitar so I spent $67 on a Strat "Burswwod" that I found at a store and I knew it was going to need a-lot of TLC, lol.  Soon after that I bought a Line 6 TonePort GX and then a TonePort UX2, after that an X3 Pro,, lol and the Spider Jam and since it was on sale a Spider III 15w

So in between trying to figure to how to work the computer and Spider Jam I was trying to learn how to play the guitar and use the devices and software. Then I got the HD500 and now I'm using it with Spider Jam which is helping me understand how to tune the HD500 to the Spider Jam, which took me some time and I figure I'm always going to be learning with this stuff at this point, lol. While doing all of that I bought a nice bass guitar and few other guitars that I didn't have to work on that much. Also, sometimes you have to walk away and come back so as not to hammer yourself too much. There's much more to life than music my friend but without it, the world would "Be Flat".

I've been working with RiffWorks, Ableton 9, Reason Adapted, Audacity, GearBox, and Pod Farm 2.5.  I've really just started to learn how to play with drums recently and now I'm learning to play with the keys and midi.  There's always more to say so I'll stop there, lol.