Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 - Yamaha press releases from NAMM

toasterdude

Like I said in the other post in the Variax forum: I like that you named your new board after a character from the Borderlands 2 video game.

I've never heard of that game.. Haven't played video games in any meaningful way in over 20 years, though.

I can only see a 2 negatives in the press release.

1 - I really don't like the "pacifica meets variax" guitar, just for the looks...I really think the pacifica is a really dumpy looking guitar...I'm soooooooo happy with my beauuuuutiful JTV's!!!

2 - Still no VDI wireless, which would be heaven for me...

I don't care about the firehawk, I love the new HD update with its new features, specially the global EQ, and the new wireless seems pretty wild!!!

Nicely done Line 6!!! 

Sorry, guys. It's like herding cats around here today, for obvious reasons.

POD HD 2.6

• Global EQ—Three fully parametric bands plus low and high cut filters, available from an additional Setup menu page; we had to do quite a bit of clever optimization to fit Global EQ, and you might see a tiny bit of extra DSP for other blocks (a few percent perhaps)
  • Metal Pack ($49)—Peavey 5150 (block logo), Bogner Shiva, Remastered JCM800 (model 2204), plus favorite POD Farm models Insane, Big Bottom, Varaic'ed Plexi, Purge, Aggro, Smash, and Octone
  • Vintage Pack ($49)—Orange OR-80, Roland JC-120, Fender Champ (Tweed), VOX AC30 Fawn Normal, VOX AC30 Fawn Bright, JC-120 cab, Fender Champ cab, plus POD Farm Acoustic
  • Bass Pack ($29)—Ampeg SVT Normal, Ampeg SVT Bright, Gallien-Kruger 800RB, SVT 8x10 cab, SVT 410 HLF cab
  • Fully Loaded ($99)—All three packs

We're hoping to have 2.6 available by the end of March for HD500X and HD Pro X, with support for HD500, HD Pro, and HD (Bean) shortly thereafter.

Another good reason to look forward to spring!

• Upvote 1

Will firmware 2.6 work for all HD models (say, including HD 400) or just the ones mentioined above (500x, 500, HD Pro and HD Bean)? In any case, glad to see the model packs -- a great way to keep the franchise going. Maybe look later at effects packs?

POD HD 2.6 is only for 500X, 500, HD Pro X, HD Pro, and HD (Bean).

Just realized I have all of the above except the HD500. Sold that one. Will be glad to have more bass amps for my bean. Good silent solution for bass. Don't use amp models on the Rack units, but will likely buy model packs for the 500x. Need to see what the differences with the yamaha variax are. I normally prefer two pickup models but if they are cheap enough. . . . . .more transplants in my future.

I have an HD500 and an HD500x. I'm assuming I would have to buy two of the same model packs to get them on both units. Can you tell me if that's true.

We're hoping a user will be able to load model pack purchases onto more than one device (like we do with X3/POD Farm), but we haven't sussed out all the details just yet.