Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crackle And Crunching Noise On Dt25

simbo

Hi Guys ,

I seem to be on here rather a lot, but what it is when I am changing patches with the foot switches on the pod HD500   I am getting a bad crackle through the cab of the dt25 on the change. Is this normal I just seem to have noticed it. It just happens on the initial change and I think if you where playing live it wood stand out like a sore thumb.

Regards,

simbo 

I have narrowed the problem down to the line 6 link connection, I have done this by using the 4 cable connection and everything is fine. The problem being now is how do I check if its the pod hd or the dt25 that's the problem, anyone got any thoughts on the issue.

simbo 

Hi toneman2121, I have just tried the global reset but it hasn't solved anything. The company I perchesed  the head from are going to replace it, so if the new one does the same thing then it is obviously the pod that's the problem and I will need to send it back to line 6 for repair. But thanks very much for your input it is good info as I didn't know about the global reset and re calibrating the expression pedal so thanks for that.

simbo 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Got a new DT25 Head and I still have the same problem of a thumping noise when I switch some of the patches on the HD500. So I contacted Line6 and sent  the pod hd back to them to look at as it seems that it is the problem, they have replaced the PCB and sent it back and guess what it is no different, the guy I spoke to at Line6 said he would need to contact there department in the USA to see if they could throw any light on the issue, he said it might be a software problem. I tried rolling the flash memory back to an earlier version but it didn't do anything. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of such a problem as it seems to be a new one for Line6. I thought it was only doing this when connected with the Line6 link but I have tried it again with the 4 cable method and it still does it. But which ever method I use it doesn't do it with every patch its driving me up the wall. Can anyone HELL PLEASE.

simbo