Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 With Jammit via Win7 Bluetooth? HELP

stevesavini

Here's a pickle.

I got a Line 6 Amlifi 75 with bluetooth player support. I bought a USB bluetooth adapter for my Win7 laptop. It works great with EVERYTHING EXCEPT Jammit (for Windows).

The Playback Device Failed For the Following reason: AUDCLNT_E_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED

I think I know why. Wondering if there is ANYTHING that can be done.

Extensive testing; no problems with anything else bluetooth. Saw in Jammit support post that must run at 16 bit 44100; I checked my windows sound settings for the Amplifi bluetooth device, and it says 16 bit 48000 (DVD Quality), and I cannot change it (greyed out). I can run the test in Windows sound control and I hear it from the amp; so, it is not a bluetooth or amp issue.

The grand idea here was to play Jammit through the amp via bluetooth while using the amp to download the matching tones and play them. This is one of the selling features of Amplifi: to easily play along with external players. Yes, I undestand this is a Jammit issue, but doesn't Jammit have some sort of business relationship with Line6? I am shocked that Jammit is the only thing that doesn't work with my Amplifi.

Is there another way? Can I use Jammit on Andriod tablet at the same time I am using my Line 6 Amplifi Remote on the same tablet; both coming out of Line 6 via bluetooth at the same time? I don't think you can have two audio apps going at same time, can you?

Ah, why didn't I think of that? Maybe because I hate wires. Thanks! That should work, but ....

You're saying there really is no way to playback from any bluetooth device (such as my phone) when I am also using the Amplifi remote app on another BT device (such as my tablet)? I guess that makes sense because I thought you could only connect one BT device at time. But, that's not quite how this thing is advertised: Play along with your song lists. But, only if you hard-wire it into aux??? Oh well.

Maybe the answer is to playback songs on the same BT device. I think I have actually done that (I just got this for christmas and still on the learning curve). I connect my tablet, and run my mp3 player. then launch remote app and control the guitar amp. That works, but ...

The other reason I was hoping to use laptop with BT is so I can access all my MP3 from network share (my tablet or phone won't hold them all). So, I guess if I want to do that, I have to use aux in. Unless, you have another tricks for that? Is there an Android app out there that will let me access files on my home network from my tablet via wireless so that I can play them back through my mp3 player on my tablet (i.e. without having to copy the mp3 file locally to my tablet first)? Make the network shared drive appear like storage to the tablet somehow? Am I wishful dreaming here?

Yeah, you can only pair to one device at a time.

The AMPLIFi Remote APP has a player that allows you to stream songs that are stored on the device.

Regarding PC, the AMPLIFi can now be used as an audio interface, so if you are connect via USB, any sound from your PC should play back.

• 4 years later...
On 1/22/2015 at 8:50 AM, stevesavini said:

Ah, why didn't I think of that? Maybe because I hate wires. Thanks! That should work, but ....

You're saying there really is no way to playback from any bluetooth device (such as my phone) when I am also using the Amplifi remote app on another BT device (such as my tablet)? I guess that makes sense because I thought you could only connect one BT device at time. But, that's not quite how this thing is advertised: Play along with your song lists. But, only if you hard-wire it into aux??? Oh well.

Maybe the answer is to playback songs on the same BT device. I think I have actually done that (I just got this for christmas and still on the learning curve). I connect my tablet, and run my mp3 player. then launch remote app and control the guitar amp. That works, but ...

The other reason I was hoping to use laptop with BT is so I can access all my MP3 from network share (my tablet or phone won't hold them all). So, I guess if I want to do that, I have to use aux in. Unless, you have another tricks for that? Is there an Android app out there that will let me access files on my home network from my tablet via wireless so that I can play them back through my mp3 player on my tablet (i.e. without having to copy the mp3 file locally to my tablet first)? Make the network shared drive appear like storage to the tablet somehow? Am I wishful dreaming here?

Hey dude, I know this comes a few years late, but the Jammit app has been brought back.
This one has no weird audio issues on Windows.

Just Google "Unjammit".