Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD update?

elovercast

Did anyone else notice the firmware update for the pod hd on the home page? V2.6 

Unfortunately the link doesn't work and line6 monkey doesn't show it either.

yep, it was just announced at NAMM but it won't be available to install until March timeframe... will also have new amp model for purchase...

POD HD 2.6

• Global EQ—Three fully parametric bands plus low and high cut filters, available from an additional Setup menu page; we had to do quite a bit of clever optimization to fit Global EQ, and you might see a tiny bit of extra DSP for other blocks (a few percent perhaps)
  • Metal Pack ($49)—Peavey 5150 (block logo), Bogner Shiva, Remastered JCM800 (model 2204), plus favorite POD Farm models Insane, Big Bottom, Varaic'ed Plexi, Purge, Aggro, Smash, and Octone
  • Vintage Pack ($49)—Orange OR-80, Roland JC-120, Fender Champ (Tweed), VOX AC30 Fawn Normal, VOX AC30 Fawn Bright, JC-120 cab, Fender Champ cab, plus POD Farm Acoustic
  • Bass Pack ($29)—Ampeg SVT Normal, Ampeg SVT Bright, Gallien-Kruger 800RB, SVT 8x10 cab, SVT 410 HLF cab
  • Fully Loaded ($99)—All three packs

We're hoping to have 2.6 available by the end of March for HD500X and HD Pro X, with support for HD500, HD Pro, and HD (Bean) shortly thereafter.

What's up with the Pod Farm models, like the 7 in the Metal pack?  Are they basic XT/X3 sounding models with less definition?  Or are they HD versions and include the deep editing controls?

I have an HD500, but now I want an HD500X and the new amp models.  Kinda iffy about the Pod Farm models, but the OR-80, JC-120, JCM800 2204 and Peavey 5150 are definitely interesting.  Might as well get the bundle despite not having much use for the bass amps, but sure why not?  It's one more dollar for the bundle of all three packs vs $98 for the Metal and Vintage packs.

from what they have already said in other threads, the older POD amp models are not reworked to be HD, the other new amp models are full HD.  They are releasing the model packs for the 500X series first and the 500 will be able to get them soon after.  Must be something a little different in the coding...  Read through all the other threads regarding NAMM and you will see everything you need to know...

I doubt it. Making an old amp work on the HD is very different from making old patches compatible. There's a lot more than an amp that goes into a patch. The HD preset and signal processing architecture does not support XT patches.

i mean just "manually type" all the xt settings of n old xt patch in2 the hd500 (drive, lows, etc).

since the model algorithms r the same (non hd), theory suggests that this manual approach shld work....

I actually think that the XT amp models will be very welcome....

think about the lower DSP usage and how that will open up dual amp use for some signal chains....

something that might not fly if all the models were HD...

and an HD+XT model might compliment each other rather well...

as in the HD model responsiveness might help boost the XT model into some new turf.

anyway.. i guess time will tell.. 

Scuze the dumb question but does "support for HD500" mean it supports the firmware update but you can't get the new amp packs?

the HD500 can get the packs

from what they have already said in other threads, the older POD amp models are not reworked to be HD, the other new amp models are full HD.  They are releasing the model packs for the 500X series first and the 500 will be able to get them soon after.  Must be something a little different in the coding...  Read through all the other threads regarding NAMM and you will see everything you need to know...

does this mean that POD HD400 cannot get the update and buy the bundles? stuck forever with the existing firmware?

• 4 months later...

So, did this update to 2.6 change the tines in the pod hd desktop? I had the HD300 a while back and the update changed the tones in a grainy way.

Also has anyone tried out the new metal kodels?

There are 1000 threads here where everybody goes into great, gory detail about what they do and don't like about the new models...you'll be reading for days.