Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bypassing all amp models and using HD Pro X as an effect unit only

Proxy

Hi there

Obviously I am new to this and please excuse me being dumb

If there is somebody to instruct me a bit here about connections with my amp effect loop and also how to bypass all amp modeling in the unit I would appreciate it very much

Thanks

Up the Irons !!!

You probably want to set it up using the 4 cable method.

Connect your guitar to the input of the pod

Connect the fx send of the pod to the input of your amp

connect the fx send of your amp to the fx return on your pod

connect the line out of your pod to the fx return on your amp

Then you should make a patch which has the block fx loop in there, all effects you set before that block will hit the front end of your amp, and all that you put after will be used in the effectsloop, all while bypassing the amp models. You can also make other patches and deactivate the effectsloop, this will bypass your amps preamp and allow you to use the preamp sims from the pod (so you can actually switch between preamps).

you can find some more info here: http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/55328/

bare in mind that the signal routing through the pod from the guitar input to the fx send generates alot of hiss, at least it does for me, It might be ok for you.

cheers

I run my rig through Voodoo Labs GCX/Ground Control Pro.

Yesterday I called Line 6 and they told me to get amp fx send to the front of POD and POD FX send to amp FX return.

Also I was told that amp models within POD must be disabled and I must create Effect loop blocks within POD in order to get sound out of it.

Now I have to figure how to create effect blocks.If somebody can reply to that I would appreciate it

Thanks

Proxy