Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SELLING ALL MY GEAR....Thanks Line 6

venom5150

Selling all my gear. This company has left a bad taste in my mouth. Line 6 has successfully made me hate music and everything about music. It's not worth the mental issues I've been suffering over GearBox and POD X3 not co-operating with any computer I try to use it with. It's gotten to a point where I cannot continue with music or Line 6....we're talking frustration to the point where after smashing my JTV guitar over my head, I'm still alive, so their guitars ain't useful either. These problems are not conducive to my health at all. I've decided to leave the music business as I cannot continue with these technical problems.....Line 6 blames Apple, Apple blames Line 6, the only way I can get support for Line 6 products is if I buy the new products. Done with music, done with Line 6.....Here's a list. INBOX ME FOR PRICES

2 POD X3 Live units

1 JTV-59 guitar

2 BOSS GT-8 processors

1 Gibson Les Paul Axcess

1 Rickenbacker 660 6 string

1 Rickenbacker 360/12

1 Rickenbacker 360

2 Ernie Ball/Music Man Axis (purple and red)

1 Rickenbacker 620/12

1 Rickenbacker 325

1 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amplifier

1 MacBook Pro computer (Bought brand new in December)

• Downvote 1

If I were totally disgusted with Line 6, I don't think it would drive me to selling all of my guitar equipment.  But to each his own.

Hopefully, you never get a lemon for a car or you'll probably end up riding the bus for the rest of your life.

I'm interested in the prices though so I'll PM you.

Two days ago I had surreal conversation with one of my music heroes. The person I really really have at most respect in music world, more closely, a gothic rock, darkwave genre.

Believe it or not after awhile I had the nerv to ask her if she could take her time to listen to one of my guitar lines I did on my UX1. I said it's only an idea I had, and it's done on a ''simple'' guitar interface, I don't know anything about mixing, so nothing is mixed, polished or anything. Basically press record and save. But I said this is how I imagine a theme for a crow movie. And she responded this is great, I can hear that you really know your James O ' Barr :)))))))))

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My car wouldn't start this morning. I'm gonna quit driving. :D

But it would have to be a 1 month old car which you had purchased $10K+ of accessories for but because the spare tire didn't fit you had to junk it all and just sit at home.

That is the lunacy my friend!

Bill

Line 6 has come a long way over the years...

It used to be sandwiches...or the lack of them...People used to have the misconception that after you invested in all of this sophisticated modeling gear that it would be capable of creating almost any sandwich you desire. Some made the false assumption that the "mind reading feature" had been included...And many of us were confused by those that didn't like sandwiches at all...Why were they using this gear if it wasn't for sandwiches.  :D

Yeah; I gotta say, the gear should never supplant the Music... Now, I love my gear, and it helps me make music, so they are a symbiotic relationship, and most of my music making gear just happens to be Line6, Keeley, and Fender. But that being said, if being stuck on using a certain brand of music gear was causing me so much consternation as to contemplate rescinding my personal quest of music in life, then I would hope I would just relinquish the focus on the gear / brand, and move on to gear that allows me to focus more on the music and less on the gear.

Though, that's a difficult challenge, each must face their own musical demons. Certain factors in my life have taken me away from music through various 'seasons' of my life. I just happen to be at a place now where I am back to being involved with a band; we have some free studio time starting next week, so we can lay down tracks for a four song EP; try to get some shows booked this summer.

There is a saying that is somewhat applicable: goes along these lines; if you are so desperate that you want to kill yourself, wouldn't it be just as drastic to instead leave your whole life behind, and move to a new country, or go on some crazy adventure? In a sense, giving up on Music, because your relationship with Line6 gear has not worked out, is like giving up on life because your relationship with a friend or spouse or significant other has not worked out.

Just because the personal relationship isn't working, doesn't mean Life should end;

Just because the gear relationship isn't working out, doesn't mean Music should end:......

Sell that Line6 gear!! Go buy a Kemper!! Just don't give up on Music....

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:o

wow sorry to hear he is leaving although he can not  really blame Line 6 for what only sounds like a massive tantrum ?

I don't want to sound like im taking the P!ss although has he thought about anger management ?

and after hearing how he treats his equipment I would be very surprised if anyone buys it ?

• 2 years later...

You said apple....there's the problem. I don't even need to knew what situations came up to know the problem is the comouters. Attentire folks APPLE IS A HORRIBLE company....never since the birth of that company has apple ever been a company for the customers. Apple is a company for making money for business and stock owners. That's it. The products are MADE to be outdated where you are forced to pay ridiculous amounts to stay up-to-date with the non upgradable products that are 3 to 5 years behind the competition because the design teams at Apple are more worried about taking pre released items from other company's and Jackin em up so they can put Lil to no money into mediocre designs to sell to u for 500% markup. The worse computers on the planet that Steve Jobs was proud to admit was compatible with nothing but apple products. So he could get rich fast and it did. But look what happened . Moral of this book is just wrote...never EVER pass the blame on line 6 because apples crap products don't work with the 6....none of my desktops or laptops have given me lollipop with line 6 . I've praised and pushed line 6 on every musician I've ever met, and that's alot. Still ton this day when it all comes down to it. Line 6 is still the company that endspecializes up on top of all my music situations. Live and recording. Just started my own studio and line 6 is the heart and soul of my process.

You said apple....there's the problem. I don't even need to knew what situations came up to know the problem is the comouters. Attentire folks APPLE IS A HORRIBLE company....never since the birth of that company has apple ever been a company for the customers. Apple is a company for making money for business and stock owners. That's it. The products are MADE to be outdated where you are forced to pay ridiculous amounts to stay up-to-date with the non upgradable products that are 3 to 5 years behind the competition because the design teams at Apple are more worried about taking pre released items from other company's and Jackin em up so they can put Lil to no money into mediocre designs to sell to u for 500% markup. The worse computers on the planet that Steve Jobs was proud to admit was compatible with nothing but apple products. So he could get rich fast and it did. But look what happened . Moral of this book is just wrote...never EVER pass the blame on line 6 because apples crap products don't work with the 6....none of my desktops or laptops have given me lollipop with line 6 . I've praised and pushed line 6 on every musician I've ever met, and that's alot. Still ton this day when it all comes down to it. Line 6 is still the company that endspecializes up on top of all my music situations. Live and recording. Just started my own studio and line 6 is the heart and soul of my process.

Dude, the OP dropped in to pen his ridiculous "I'm giving up music and it's all Line 6's fault" diatribe nearly 3 years ago...he ain't reading this.