Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

what is the right price for Model Packs?

llemotivell

lets see:

- Amplitube app = 4.99 

- Garage Band = Free - In App 4.99

- mobile POD = In App - 19.9 (full mobile effects, not a pack)

- Bias - Guitar Amp Modeler - 4.99

- Ampkit (full mobile effects, not a pack) - 19.99

- ETC

In this context: what is the right price for Model Packs?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it would be an amazing deal at 5$ a model.... which probably just goes to show what an amazing deal it is for the whole bundle.

they don't owe you anything... and you got a great device at a great price to begin with...

apparently the model packs aren't for you.. but rest assured they are not intended to make you mad either....

many will be quite happy with them.

it would be an amazing deal at 5$ a model.... which probably just goes to show what an amazing deal it is for the whole bundle.

they don't owe you anything... and you got a great device at a great price to begin with...

apparently the model packs aren't for you.. but rest assured they are not intended to make you mad either....

many will be quite happy with them.

With 0 registered stuff and double posting i think he is a troll...

I see it as a test, everybody buys it is great success, nobody....fail, they ll be forced to low the prices.

I also think firehawk will totally replace pod hd.

Selling packages to have all amp models AND adding features as dual path etc.

Unless someone confirms that firehawk s harware has less power than pod hd

Business wise they have to charge enough to recoup costs and make some, then the price will likely go on special for those still on the fence or in poorer 3rd world Countries like Australia and just as likely a new pack(s) released.

Its all good

bjnette

"Business wise they have to charge enough to recoup costs and make some, then the price will likely go on special for those still on the fence or in poorer 3rd world Countries like Australia and just as likely a new pack(s) released.

Its all good"

As an Australian, I'm dumbfounded by this statement. In what context is Australia a 3rd world country ? LOL !

• Upvote 1

Hahaha. Man I hope he's not an Australian ! Might've had a 3rd world education if he is. :P

On the subject of things, I love how Line6 give us a heads up about this a few months before they actually

arrive. What's the story with that, are they curious to know what we think before dropping the goods ?  

OZ a third world country? When did we go up the ratings...?

We got culture down here...

Australian Love Poem

Of course I love ya darling, you're a bloody top notch bird

And when I say you're gorgeous, I mean every single word.

So ya bum is on the big side, I don't mind a bit of flab

It means that when I'm ready, there's something there to grab.

So ya belly isn't flat no more, I tell ya, I don't care,

So long as when I cuddle ya, I can get my arms round there.

No Sheila who is your age has nice round perky breasts

They just gave in to gravity, but I know ya did ya best.

I'm tellin' ya the truth now I never tell lies,

I think it's very sexy that you've got dimples on ya thighs.

I swear on me nanna's grave now the moment that we met,

I thought you was as good as I was ever gonna get.

No matter what u look like I'll always love ya dear

Now, shut up while the cricket's on and fetch another beer.

Brings a lump to the throat doesn't it?

...and for that model pack? a million dollars...

• Upvote 1

bjnette

"Business wise they have to charge enough to recoup costs and make some, then the price will likely go on special for those still on the fence or in poorer 3rd world Countries like Australia and just as likely a new pack(s) released.

Its all good"

As an Australian, I'm dumbfounded by this statement. In what context is Australia a 3rd world country ? LOL !

Joke mate! No need to feel dumbfounded except for our dollar which continues its downward trend. He says laughing thru his tears. By end of March at this rate where you expect it to be?

bjnette

"Joke mate! No need to feel dumbfounded except for our dollar which continues its downward trend. He says laughing thru his tears. By end of March at this rate where you expect it to be?"

Yeh, fair point, I heard our dollar was expected to drop as low as 70c per USD, Crikey ! lol.

Pretty sure on Amplitube you pay for each amp. 

It really isn't asking for too much. POD isn't a saturated market so asking for 5 dollars and 10 dollars is insanely low price for them to ask, you might as well ask for them to give it for free.

Maybe the price could be a little bit lower, 10-15 bucks, but I'm honestly fine with the price.

maybe you guys should buy visa gift cards in USD and protect your money ;)

bjnette

"Joke mate! No need to feel dumbfounded except for our dollar which continues its downward trend. He says laughing thru his tears. By end of March at this rate where you expect it to be?"

Yeh, fair point, I heard our dollar was expected to drop as low as 70c per USD, Crikey ! lol.

In this context: what is the right price for Model Packs?

Comparing embedded DSP content to software is disingenuous.

Here's a better question: Why are some people happy to pay over two grand for a box with a $12 Motorola processor in it? Because at over two grand, it must be worth it, right?

Price perception is an incredibly hard nut to crack. We don't pretend to fully understand it either.

Non-sequitur: Two of my best friends are Australian, but vegemite is evil!

• Upvote 2

$18.53 and not a penny more.

And I want a prize in the box...oh wait, it's a dowload. I want 3 free iTunes songs to come with it....and lunch. Tuna on toasted rye with a bag of salt 'n' vinegar chips. And can it be here by 11:30? My day starts kinda early, and my blood sugar tends to plummet around noon.

• Upvote 1

Fair Dinkum!

In the way back machine - L6 would have some specials on the packs too ($49 or $79 for three). So I would not be suprised to see those flashed.

I'm not worried L6 always takes care of its peeps. :wub:

-B

If it's sounds great - i can pay 100$, if not - i will not.

I wish to buy great home and live sound, but to be honest i doubt this 5150 will make any big difference. it will be just another amp sim like others now, just slightly different. In terms of sound POD HD stays where it is.

Pretty sure on Amplitube you pay for each amp. 

Yeah, I just picked up a bundle with Amplitube 3 in it (yay, now I can rotate through Guitar Rig, Amplitube, and my HD500...) and the officially licensed models for amp heads seem to run as much as $30 a pop.

It depends on the value that you attach to the desired model.  Supply and demand, that's business.
I bought my POD XT Live 8 years ago with the added intention to purchase the Metal Pack simply so that I could have the Bogner Uber and Deizel VH5 models.  It was the alternative to getting the HD147 Head which would have been too large for me to lug around, so I found the value of $49.99 for the pack to be worth it, especially considering the other models that were included.

Since these are my "go to" amp models for recording, it was worth it to me.

I'm considering the Vintage Pack simply for the JC120, and it would indeed again be worth it to me in the long run.

Again, business is supply and demand.  For you, the demand may not be as strong, for me it was.  Either way, a lot of R&D went into creating the Supply, and thusly so, it is appropriate that Line 6 should be able to recuperate their cost and also turn a profit for doing so.  

Noone is twisting anyones arm to purchase them, so if the demand for you with regards to the supply isn't strong enough to warrant your expense, then you're free to omit yourself from the demand of their supply.

• Upvote 3

This is funny.  For a long time I see a bunch of complaints about how Line6 should release model packs for the PODHD and charge for it.  When they finally do, I see a bunch of complaints about them charging for model packs.  There's no making people happy...

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I just picked up a bundle with Amplitube 3 in it (yay, now I can rotate through Guitar Rig, Amplitube, and my HD500...) and the officially licensed models for amp heads seem to run as much as $30 a pop.

Last year they had a great special bungle buy. I am sure they'll deliver another, so Line  6 for those willing to wait. LOL  

maybe you guys should buy visa gift cards in USD and protect your money ;)

That is a great idea especially the way it is falling. The other way could be to purchase $US in Pay Pal. Can I pay Line 6 with paypal? No can't do that. Perhaps prepay by credit card befor the dollar drops here! Somehow?

This is funny.  For a long time I see a bunch of complaints about how Line6 should release model packs for the PODHD and charge for it.  When they finally do, I see a bunch of complaints about them charging for model packs.  There's no making people happy...

True, but I think once the firmware and packs come out we'll be happy. It is the waiting that brings out the doubts and reservations

I can't wait to hook up to Line 6 Monkey to give them my credit card number and down load my new model packs.  This rounds out the amp selection and along with the global eq. makes my POD HD PRO X a killer.........

Come on guys.  For the last 2-3 years, a week doesn't go by where someone is bitching about Model Packs, and how it would be a great idea for Line 6......Now that  the packs are here, we get the complaining about cost............If I wanted this kind of whining I would stay at home and talk to the missus.  "oops did I say that"

maybe I'm wrong, who knows, but, I expect that a new flagship modeler with everything onboard and more will be released after some time the model packs have been sold..

remember what happened with the previous series?: XT---->model packs----->X3

nowdays: HD---->model packs---->we'll see what to put in this point

There's always something new coming. 

It doesn't mean that the HD series will be discontinued. It just means that the new versions will come out. 

But do you really think it will be released this soon? 

Its only been a year since the 500x has come out. 

I can't wait to hook up to Line 6 Monkey to give them my credit card number and down load my new model packs. This rounds out the amp selection and along with the global eq. makes my POD HD PRO X a killer.........

Come on guys. For the last 2-3 years, a week doesn't go by where someone is bitching about Model Packs, and how it would be a great idea for Line 6......Now that the packs are here, we get the complaining about cost............If I wanted this kind of whining I would stay at home and talk to the missus. "oops did I say that"

Gimme my free everything!!!! And I want it yesterday!!! And there better not be new POD generation released after I buy the model pack(s) because that's unacceptable too! In fact, I want to be invited to all the R&D and marketing meetings from now on. All future releases should appear exactly when I'm ready for them, and since I've already bought a bunch of gear, I think I should get everything else for free from here on in.

And I also need an oil change, and the tires rotated. So let's get crackin', folks...I'm a busy man, lol

• Upvote 1

Quick question - this point is rather vague... They haven't explicitly stated that the new HD model packs will be part of or available on the Firehawk, correct?

I guess I didn't quite grasp the specific difference between which models are exclusive to the HD line, vs those available on the Firehawk, etc..

The revised website info on the Firehawk says 29 HD amp models; which matches the current offering of 29 HD amps on the HD500/500x.

It's cool to see they are continuing to push forward on the sonic spectrum, and they figured out how to 'upsample' the older amp models.

Curious how that works when connected to a DT amp; I am guessing they just figured out how to port the preamp into HD, then assigned appropriate DT power amp / typology settings. I guess that's why they need a couple more months to roll these out!