Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

recording video and audio simultaneously, how-to

Hello I hope someone can help me because I'm beginning to feel myself a stupid :)

I need to connect my electric guitar to PC as flexibly as possible. This is my "configuration"

Electric Guitar - > BEHRINGER with 12AX7 preamp - > sound card line in* - > Guitar Rig 5 - > Speakers

* Creative Sound Blaster X - Fi , Audio Creation Mode ( ASIO2 )

I make this assumption because I would like to eliminate the preamp, too much hiss, hum and noise, and also " the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5" software with a multieffects with presets "ready to use" as Line6 "tones from the cloud".

But just one important function I need.....

Currently by the software of my logitech webcam I can set "what-U-hear" as source for audio recording instead Integrated microphone and so recording video and audio simultaneously while I'm playng guitar through the Guitar Rig 5 Software. That's my greatest and only music aspiration.

Just recording video and audio simultaneously.

thanks for the help that you'll give to me
:)

For a start, you should be using an audio interface to get your guitar signal into your computer - this could be a Line 6 device like a UX2, or some other interface with instrument input.  the Creative soundcard is really a gaming card, not the best device for audio AD conversion.

The way most people will record audio and video at same time are two different chains - one the video recording, and two the audio recording, then combine them in video editing software.

• Upvote 1

For a start, you should be using an audio interface to get your guitar signal into your computer - this could be a Line 6 device like a USX2, or some other interface with instrument input.  the Creative soundcard is really a gaming card, not the best device for audio AD conversion.

The way most people will record audio and video at same time are two different chains - one the video recording, and two the audio recording, then combine them in video editing software.

I use the  UX2   for my audio device  ( but i would expect any such device would work actaully )  +  Pod Farm  software  +  A Flipvido camera ( probably nolonger sold ) which is relativly simple to use.    Next  I use  Adobe Premier Elements as the Video editor. 

Once i have the audio track then I can import it into Elements,  then sync it up with the video track.  [ the flipvideo unit produces audtio as well, but it can be muted or volume reduced in order to help sync the outside audio  (UX2 / Pod farm) ]   Elements shows a  WAV while in the video track which also helps in sync of the UX2 builr track visually.

On a side note, I feed the UX2\Pod Farm  into   Reaper ( a SAW package) and render it out for input to Elements