Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pack for HD BEAN too?

Punkyboy

Can somebody explain in few words what is going on with these packs, addons whatever. I went crazy first time when I bought UX1, I didn't have all information about the product. To tell you the truth I was little aggravated for not knowing that I had to purchase addons for it. But like I said it's my fault. Never the less I'm more then satisfied and don't regret a single dollar.  

I plan to buy Pod hd 500X in the future, and I want to know is this process gonna be like ongoing, with with every new firmware you have to buy something or not? 

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm total rookie when it comes to these things.

I bought my PC 4 years ago and now it's totally outdated, no drivers for my video card, nothing. I could change, new card, get the drivers, but it seems to me like somebody is forcing me to do so. At least I know that technology will not change from top to bottom, at least in the near future. So I'm left with choice of settling with my Hd picture and not running to buy me something as absurd as 4k resolution. 

But this is far different. So many products to choose from, applications for this and that, and then you get one thing, then another completely different comes out shortly.

Its like chasing the rabbit.

Rabbit being the best possible sound of course.

Can somebody explain in few words what is going on with these packs, addons whatever. I went crazy first time when I bought UX1, I didn't have all information about the product. To tell you the truth I was little aggravated for not knowing that I had to purchase addons for it. But like I said it's my fault. Never the less I'm more then satisfied and don't regret a single dollar.  

I plan to buy Pod hd 500X in the future, and I want to know is this process gonna be like ongoing, with with every new firmware you have to buy something or not? 

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm total rookie when it comes to these things.

I am pretty sure the UX1 is an interface, why would you have to buy an addon for it. News to me.

The POD HDs are great for older PCs as save processing and it can be an iterface too.

Yep it is totally sinister. Computers, software 3rd part developers and hardware all changing. IT is the rabbit hole. Welcome Alice!

I bought my PC 4 years ago and now it's totally outdated, no drivers for my video card, nothing. I could change, new card, get the drivers, but it seems to me like somebody is forcing me to do so. At least I know that technology will not change from top to bottom, at least in the near future. So I'm left with choice of settling with my Hd picture and not running to buy me something as absurd as 4k resolution. 

Ha! You say 4k is absurd now! I remember when 320x200 (and with 16 colors :lol: ) was awesome and anything more was just a waste. :)

Seriously though, one day soon 4k will be an obsolete standard, probably even before it becomes an accepted standard.

I am pretty sure the UX1 is an interface, why would you have to buy an addon for it. News to me.

The POD HDs are great for older PCs as save processing and it can be an iterface too.

Yep it is totally sinister. Computers, software 3rd part developers and hardware all changing. IT is the rabbit hole. Welcome Alice!

I understand you can use crap as guitar rig with UX1 if that's your point, but I love Pod Farm 2, everything about it, I didn't mind paying for addons. In fact like I said I'm more then satisfied, because I learned so many things trough it. But, to make a parallel with video cards, when time comes for things like pod hd 500x I want to know where is that point where I can say I'm totally ok with hd I don't need to go 4k, cause its absurd. You catch my drift now?

Ha! You say 4k is absurd now! I remember when 320x200 (and with 16 colors :lol: ) was awesome and anything more was just a waste. :)

Seriously though, one day soon 4k will be an obsolete standard, probably even before it becomes an accepted standard.

And yeah we're all gonna live in 6000 square meter houses wih tvs so large that will make movie theaters run out of business.

Buy the damn PODHD it's great.  Your choice is this or $2200 for Kemper or $3500 for an AXEFX.  Or even more money for the real thing.  Or wait forever for technology to stop evolving and do nothing. 

I will eventually, it really seems like a normal deal as oppose to those two you mentioned. 

A PODHD into internal laptop speakers is like driving an airplane on the highway.  Yeah you can do it but it'll suck.

I find that statement presumptuous.

Have you SEEN my laptop speakers??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

Buy the damn PODHD it's great.  Your choice is this or $2200 for Kemper or $3500 for an AXEFX.  Or even more money for the real thing.  Or wait forever for technology to stop evolving and do nothing. 

There is bias desktop now as well... for recording, hands down, beats everything I have heard, including the Pod HD, Kemper and axefx. It is also completely configurable, from pre amp tubes and every adjustment imaginable, to tone stack, to power amp tubes and all it's settings.. even has a pre and post eq you can drop in...

as I said it is ideal for recording, live you'd need to run a pc and all plus your own effects since it doesn't model anythign but amps

I'm not even interested in using it live, just recording, but this was kinda my final analysis.... It sounded better....at first..... then I realised it just sounded "different", but not better, and no worth spending more money, on more amp models when I have the HD500X that also functions as a soundcard when I'm tracking guitar and doesn't require too much of my computer's resources.

I tried BIAS.  If it sounds better for you then that's great.  I was impressed with it at first then realized quickly that it didn't sound any better and would be way too costly and clunky to use live.