Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will the sound of my patches change when updating from firmware v1.31 to 2.32?

wonko_the_sane

I love my HD 500 but I am receiving a message that my tones might be affected by the firmware upgrade. Does anyone know if this will happen, and if I do the update and things are affected will rolling back to 1.31 resolve any sound changes that might occur?

Also, is there a firmware version history that shows what changes and updates come with each version?

Thanks for any input!

just to be sure, the latest firmware is 2.32, not 1.32.  I  found no tone differences and from the support page there should be no sonic differences:

POD HD500 RELEASE NOTES v2.32.00 

POD HD500 Flash Memory v2.32 is a FREE firmware update for all POD HD500 users. 

This release addresses a noise glitch that could potentially occur when exiting tuner mode while streaming USB audio. It is strongly recommended that all users install this update as soon as possible.

Although there should be no sonic impact to existing patches as a result of this update, it is recommended that you connect to the POD HD500 Edit application and back up any patches you may wish to keep as a precaution.

1.32 stands 4 hd500x

here is the firmware version history that shows what changes + updates came with each version...

Version 1.32.00
Released 7/31/14

Works with:
POD HD500X

POD HD 500X RELEASE NOTES v1.32.00 

POD HD 500X Flash Memory v1.32 is a FREE firmware update for all POD HD 500X users. 

This release addresses a noise glitch that could potentially occur when exiting tuner mode while streaming USB audio. It is strongly recommended that all users install this update as soon as possible.

Although there should be no sonic impact to existing patches as a result of this update, it is recommended that you connect to the POD HD 500X Edit application and back up any patches you may wish to keep as a precaution.

OS: Windows XP, Mac OS X, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 ( 791.00 KB ) Get Download
  Flash Memory       Version 1.30
Released 5/28/14

Works with:
POD HD500X

POD HD 500X RELEASE NOTES v1.30.00

POD HD 500X Flash Memory v1.30 is a FREE firmware update for all POD HD 500X users. 

This release addresses a potential issue with noise or dropouts that could occur when changing patches with a specific combination of settings. It is recommended that all users install this update as soon as possible.  

Although there should be no sonic impact to existing patches as a result of this update, it is recommended that you connect to the POD HD 500X Edit application and back up any patches you may wish to keep as a precaution.

OS: Windows XP, Mac OS X, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8