Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EXP TOE SWITCH doesn't works

appj

I don't suggest anyone do anything to void a warranty. 

Plus, I thought they fixed this on the X. 

This can be exasperated by being on a soft floor, like carpet, or when on a desktop being moved by hand instead of foot. But there are some units that have a hard time engaging the pedal because the rubber stopper underneath is too big. 

It prevents an ugly metal on metal clang. But it can also prevent being able to push down enough to engage. 

What people have done in the past --- once they determine that this is the problem --- is the shave off a little bit of the rubber. 

This allows the pedal to go down enough to press the button. 

Hi! I have a problem in my HD500X with exp toe switch- he doesn't works... Please, help me! It's new, I bought it 2 weeks ago :(

They don't call them stomp switches for nuth'in, lol. Don't be afraid to step on that baby hard. Just don't stomp on the other buttons the same way or you'll be sorry. :)

Also, use a gingerly touch on the USB connections.

• Upvote 1

Mine is only a couple of months old, and the Wah was working, but now just stopped out of the blue.  It just won't engage.  I emailed support 3 days ago and haven't received a reply.   :(

Try giving them a call. Just in case, are you sure you have the settings for the pedal correct? You should recheck that if you haven't already. Hope you get working.

Mine is only a couple of months old, and the Wah was working, but now just stopped out of the blue.  It just won't engage.  I emailed support 3 days ago and haven't received a reply.   :(

You aren't able to switch between EXP1 and EXP2 with the toe switch?  And you've recalibrated the foot pedal?

Think of pushing forward with your heel when engaging... I thought I had the same problem as you, but I was not engaging correctly.

Well funny thing is I'm sitting there testing and reading and it isn't working. I decide to go ahead and call tech support. While on hold I pull up a preset and add wah. Guess what? It works!

So no idea what would make it STOP working in existing presets, but if I add it to one it'll engage.

Won't shaving the rubber void the warranty?

It's possible you had a corrupt patch or something freaky with the software. When weird things like this happened to me, which is non existent now but more frequent in the beginning, I would just re-flash the firmware and not save my old presets in case the corrupt patch was in there. Of course I would save patches taking note of the one I suspected as bad.

You must also do the global reset and pedal calibration too.

Shaving the rubber stopper would be a petty thing to void a warranty over, but that's Line 6's call. You could say it was from using the pedal a lot. It's up to the OP. If you don't want to risk it, don't do it, but the key thing is: is it registering your foot presses at all, or is it just hard for it to register? If it's hard to register, then shaving the rubber WILL fix the problem.

Either put up with it being hard to press and adjust how you press the expression pedal (put your body weight into it when you press it) or remove some of the surface of the rubber stopper to your liking.

The source could be wrong, it is the internet, anyone can say anything. And then the misinformation gets repeated. 

But, yes, shaving the rubber (based on what I saw at the time) voided the warranty. That is why I started my statement with "I don't suggest anyone do anything to void a warranty."  

• Upvote 1

The source could be wrong, it is the internet, anyone can say anything. And then the misinformation gets repeated. 

But, yes, shaving the rubber (based on what I saw at the time) voided the warranty. That is why I started my statement with "I don't suggest anyone do anything to void a warranty."  

I've been one to modify the various things I've bought in my lifetime knowing that if I did so I would have to be responsible for the modification which indeed may render your warranty useless and in effect not being able to get help from the factory when/if needed. I've done quite a many warranty jobs in my early years and there are exceptions but they were few and far between.

It's good to let someone know if a modification can help their particular problem and at the same time warn them what may happen to the warranty or any other thing it may effect.

For example: If you shave the rubber stopper on the wah stomp switch in the HD Pod line it will make it easier to push but when that rubber stopper shrinks over time ('cause that's what rubber does over time and in different temps) it "may" be too easy or cause some other issue with the switch in the future.

Rubber ages at the moment it's born so that stiffness may've been already taken into consideration by it's creator.

The toe switch only works if you have it programmed to do so! a wah or volume or some other effect must be assigned to toe switch, it functions like an extra FS assignment. If you have nothing assigned to say, FS3, pressing it will do nothing.

Or at least, that's how I understand the EXP toe switch