Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some questions before I splurge.....

FarleyUK

Hi all,

I had a question I'd appreciate any Amplifi owners answering for me before I lay some cash down....!

1. Is it posisble to play another source while using the amp? For example, I'd be playing the guitar through it, but would also want things like backing tracks etc. Is the only way to do this by pairing the BT on device 1 to the amp, use the Amplifi App to set the sounds and cabs, and then use device 2 with a cable into the aux in...?

2. When connecting to a PC, can you get the guitar sound AND the PC sound out from the amp together? So, for example, using a DAW on the PC (i.e. GuitarRig) and also Spotify.... will that work?

Cheers all!

1) You can only pair one BT device at a time, but the Remote App has a player, so you could have the backing tracks on your compatible iOS or Android. But yes, you can use the aux in at the same time, the modeling does not affect the aux in or the app's player, just the guitar in.

2) Yes, when you use the AMPLFi as a USB Audio Interface, all your pc sounds will be routed to the AMPLIFi (unaffected by the modeling), while you hear the modeled guitar. Also, the guitar tone can be captured in you DAW via USB.

1) You can only pair one BT device at a time, but the Remote App has a player, so you could have the backing tracks on your compatible iOS or Android. But yes, you can use the aux in at the same time, the modeling does not affect the aux in or the app's player, just the guitar in.

2) Yes, when you use the AMPLFi as a USB Audio Interface, all your pc sounds will be routed to the AMPLIFi (unaffected by the modeling), while you hear the modeled guitar. Also, the guitar tone can be captured in you DAW via USB.

SOLD!

Cheers :)

Nah, the Amplifi ticks the boxes for me I think. I need something that has a speaker, can connect to PC if required etc.

Also, one other question - can you only play iTunes music through the app for the tone macthing thing? I have all my music streamed on Spotify, you see.... can you lookup the tones you want directly, and then apply them? Or can it only be done via the music streamed through the app?