Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk + Amplifi Connectivity

jkilgour

Ok, this is what I have:

A JTV69

POD HD500X

Amplifi 150 + MK Shortboard.

Now, comes the fire hawk, which I'm thinking of getting.  Why? Because of the JTV VDI connection. I love that it has it. My HD500X has it, and I can send an analog stereo signal to the Amplifi via stereo 1/4" jack, but I have heard (on these forums) that you don't get the best tone on Amplifi using this method.  

But this is what I wish I could do...

I wish I could connect the USB out of the Firehawk to the USB on the back of the Amplifi. Now I would be bypassing the IOS remote of the Amplifi, and simply using it as a FRFR speaker, via USB. And then I could send the other analog outs of the Firehawk to whatever I want: audio card, mixer, what have you.  Do you think this can be done?  Does the USB on the Amplifi support "IN"?  Dumb question?

John

No, you won't be able to do that. Both Amplifi and Firehawk USB interfaces are designed to communicate with general purpose computers, not with each other. Similarly, I wouldn't expect two JTV guitars to recognize each other if you connect them together using the VDI jacks.

I could, and would like to, but i'm under the impression that doing that isn't a great way to go (i.e. = it won't use all the speakers in the cabinet or something like that) -  I'm sorry if I'm not being specific enough -- I'm going from memory of something I read a while back in the POD 500X forum.