Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Model packs for HD500X - and DT amps too?

tgastel

I haven't even researched this yet, just wondering....the idea popped into my head after just ordering a DT25 head about 10 minutes ago.

When I upgrade (firmware?) to new models (i.e. 5150, etc) with there also be firmware updates do the DT series amps for compatibility - proper tube selection and internal modelling of the DT?

I believe the software in the Pod sends a signal over the L6 Link cable to tell the DT amp which topology etc. to use when you change amp models - so if I'm understanding correctly, I don't think there would need to be an update to the amp's software separately from the Pod's. I believe they just need to have the Pod software send the appropriate instructions to the DT when you choose one of the new amp models.

I believe the software in the Pod sends a signal over the L6 Link cable to tell the DT amp which topology etc. to use when you change amp models - so if I'm understanding correctly, I don't think there would need to be an update to the amp's software separately from the Pod's. I believe they just need to have the Pod software send the appropriate instructions to the DT when you choose one of the new amp models.

This is true when using the DT in combination with the POD.

When using the DT on it's own however ther would need to be an update in order to get the new amps on the DT.

At least, that's how I understand it to be.