Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Expression pedal disengages from spyder Mkii

dvd5445

I have a spyder valve Mkii with both a line 6 and Mission external expression pedal.  From time to time, the amp switches the external pedal off and back to the pedal on the shortboard.  I have replaced the cat 5 connecting chord to the amp, the patch cord from the short board to the pedal and the pedal.  I have no idea what could be causing this.  Any ideas to the fix?????

• 2 weeks later...

dvd5445,

Not sure which shortboard you have, but try updating the firmware on the line6 shortboard. From the SV Advanced Guide:

Firmware Updates: If you have an FBV Mk II series foot controller, you can update your Spider Valve Mk II’s firmware via USB and RJ45 connector when connected to your computer, should new versions of Flash Memory be released. You can also update using the MIDI connections on the Spider Valve MkII rear panel. Be sure to check the Line 6 website for the latest info on firmware updates and instructions for updating your Spider Valve MkII. You can also download the FBV Mk II Advanced Guide, which provides more details on the new FBV Mk II series foot controllers.