Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some Demos of the POD HD worth sharing on here i think..

stusaysmoo

Hi Guys,

I did most of these a while back for a thread on TGP and realized that I never shared them on the actual POD HD forum!

Thought you may find them interesting.

Did the `Mother` one this evening and it reminded just how good the HD can be at emulating classic recordings.. I never really spend that long on these as i find you can sometimes go round in circles if you take it too seriously, but it gives a nice idea of how good it can sound if you take the time to recreate the entire signal chain instead of just pedals and amp.

Besides who has time to learn stuff note-for-note just to demo a sound.

Enjoy, maybe we can provoke a discussion about building these sounds for those interested in more than just simulating an amp and a mic.

https://soundcloud.com/stusaysmoo/tracks

Laters,

Stu

• Upvote 4

Damn Stu… Those sounds great

What a coincidence; Your post couldn't happened at a better time.
Just started a one man band show and have a Pink Floyd and The Police tribute sets.

Would love to see your settings and what Line 6 equipment you have…
I have the Dream Rig [ JTV69/HD500x/L2T]

thanks,

Charles

Here is a quick clip of the Plexi model (P75-Brt) run super hot into 2 EQ/preamp modules, This might help to explain what i often talk about when describing `Recorded Tone` vs the Raw amp tone..

I love the grit in this, sounds just like hot tape! as opposed to the playing which is just hot mess.. 

anyway you get the idea. It's straight out of the line outs, just guitar volume involved.. pretty cool

Its actually not something i have heard from any other modeler, they all sound very nice and clean to me.. somehow that always feels artificial no matter how close it gets to the raw amp tone. what can i say, I like em dirty :P of course it can sound pristine as well.. or anywhere in between

actually the grit is kinda extreme on this example, even for me, but that was just to illustrate what i meant.. 

https://soundcloud.com/stusaysmoo/podhd-plexi-demo

funny enough, i had the original hd500 when it was released, but after a couple of weeks I sold it again because i couldn't really get anything good from it.. I bought the bean about a year ago and had a play with it, which is what most of these clips came from, and was shocked at how much i liked it. I put that down to firmware changes and whatnot, but you are not the first to tell me the sounds are not the same on the HD500.

I don't want to fuel the speculation that there is a sonic difference between the floor and bean models but a lot of people are saying it.. anyone got both and care to comment??

OK so moving along, had a play this evening and wanted to try something a bit more  um.. `Unnatural` sounding.

So here it is, the intro to `Sorrow` by Pink Floyd. Same as usual straight out the pod. I think it sounds pretty close :)

:usual disclaimer about me not being arsed to learn it properly... life's too short and all that..

https://soundcloud.com/stusaysmoo/sorrow-intro-on-the-podhd

Just realized i'm starting to look like a Gilmour fan-boy.. which is kind of true but I probably should try someone else next.. 

We are talking about sound creating. 

Who else are you going to be a fanboy of. Slash? Get a Marshall, a Les Paul, and use a wah when needed. Yngwie? Get a Marsall, a Strat, and add lots of echo. 

Pink Floyd, however, is very intricate with sound. Unlike other bands, an improperly made patch will kill a perfectly played PF song. Even EVH's 'brown sound' isn't needed to play a VH song. 

Hi Guys,

I did most of these a while back for a thread on TGP and realized that I never shared them on the actual POD HD forum!

Thought you may find them interesting.

Did the `Mother` one this evening and it reminded just how good the HD can be at emulating classic recordings.. I never really spend that long on these as i find you can sometimes go round in circles if you take it too seriously, but it gives a nice idea of how good it can sound if you take the time to recreate the entire signal chain instead of just pedals and amp.

Besides who has time to learn stuff note-for-note just to demo a sound.

Enjoy, maybe we can provoke a discussion about building these sounds for those interested in more than just simulating an amp and a mic.

https://soundcloud.com/stusaysmoo/tracks

Laters,

Stu

Dang, those are some tasty demos Stu.  Great playing and tones are spot on, at least the ones I have heard so far.  Thanks man!

Here is a quick clip of the Plexi model (P75-Brt) run super hot into 2 EQ/preamp modules, This might help to explain what i often talk about when describing `Recorded Tone` vs the Raw amp tone..

I love the grit in this, sounds just like hot tape! as opposed to the playing which is just hot mess.. 

anyway you get the idea. It's straight out of the line outs, just guitar volume involved.. pretty cool

Its actually not something i have heard from any other modeler, they all sound very nice and clean to me.. somehow that always feels artificial no matter how close it gets to the raw amp tone. what can i say, I like em dirty :P of course it can sound pristine as well.. or anywhere in between

actually the grit is kinda extreme on this example, even for me, but that was just to illustrate what i meant.. 

https://soundcloud.com/stusaysmoo/podhd-plexi-demo

Pls provide us this patch!!!

ok now lets have a bit of fun with this....

Just to illustrate that the reverbs on the HD are insanely cool here is a short demo... but can anyone tell me what the piece is i'm playing?

and yes, the sound is totally pod and i am playing a guitar....

nerd points for the first one that can tell me what it is :P

https://soundcloud.com/stusaysmoo/whatisit

Just to illustrate that the reverbs on the HD are insanely cool here is a short demo... but can anyone tell me what the piece is i'm playing?

Holy Christ!I guess it is synth string mix up with a  particle verb and a delay.. Very general speaking... But whatever it is sounds perfect and I want IT!!!

Not sure what that's from, but it sounds familiar somehow ... don't wait too long to tell us.

Here's a patch for the hd500x that one of my songs use that's along similar lines:

PBack-10.zip