Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Settings Volume Question For Spider Valve 1x12

Gregadeath

I am new to the Spider Valve World and love the tonal flexibility I'm getting, but when scrolling thru my presets I don't like the volume jumps between settings, I will be using this live and would like volumes to be similar when changing from rythym  to leads and back. I am using the MKII FBV Shortboard to control everything.

when you dial in the volume level you want save it.

make sure you leave the master alone, and only adjust the channel\drive etc

then when you use the master later the volume levels will rise and fall relative to your settings....

which of course should be set and saved at the volume you intend to use.

• Upvote 1

Gregadeath,

I am also new to Spider Valve and have had to work through these same challenges for performing with tones, volume, and boost (lead). Follow the advice that Uber Guru provided, but you also have another tool for boost/lead tones. Since you have the MKII FBV Shortboard (doesn't work for Express), then you can assign the 'Function 1' button to the 'Boost' (use the SV MKII Edit software to adjust) to add db boost for leads for each preset! After your amazing solo is finished, just tap the preset tone you want to groove with (easier than tapping 'Function 1' to turn off lead/boost).