Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 No Sound, please help

Netfly

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my DT25, no sound anymore using front end plugin or L6 link with POD HD500. Already reinstalled the latest firmware but no luck... However, there is an odd sound when I turn it off. Please see the video to understand better the problem. Would I need to send it for repair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdaK_AC-1Oo

Thanks for your help

There are 2 fuses that you should check first.  One is the tube protection fuse located right above where the ac power plugs in to it.  This is the most likely culprit.

The other is actually a part of the power plug assembly, but it's probably not the problem because the amp turns on.

• Upvote 1

I think that sound was the power tubes draining off since you powered down with the standby switch on.

I have a DT50 Head and always unplug my guitar from the front, turn the master volume to zero, wait a minute, then turn the standby off, wait a minute and then power down. I won't hear a peep out of it.

Maybe your in the need of power tube replacement. Call Line 6 and ask them they've helped quite a bit. Or do a support ticket.

Like the previous poster said check that fuse.

New tubes would be my most likely guess. I had the same problem 9 months ago.

If you go to standby and listen carefully you will hear a faint click in about 30-60 seconds like an internal relay is switching.

Thereafter you should be able to flip the power switch w/o any noise coming from the speaker.

• Upvote 1

I think that sound was the power tubes draining off since you powered down with the standby switch on.

I have a DT50 Head and always unplug my guitar from the front, turn the master volume to zero, wait a minute, then turn the standby off, wait a minute and then power down. I won't hear a peep out of it.

Maybe your in the need of power tube replacement. Call Line 6 and ask them they've helped quite a bit. Or do a support ticket.

Like the previous poster said check that fuse.

I always turn stanby off first too but not for the video, so everyone can hear clearly this odd sound when I turn off the amp.

What kind of fuse I need to try to replace? Do you guys have a link where to buy one so I can make a test?

I always turn stanby off first too but not for the video, so everyone can hear clearly this odd sound when I turn off the amp.

What kind of fuse I need to try to replace? Do you guys have a link where to buy one so I can make a test?

I know the manual says it's ok to power down with the standby on so that's no big deal but it also says it's good practice to turn it off before so that it's already off when you go to power up next time.

Check this thread out I think it has the link to getting the fuse. http://line6.com/support/topic/10327-dt25-head-dead/

More Specific: Read the whole thread, you may be going through the same thing.

Thx Brazzy,

Mouser is a good website however, it's $100,00 shipping cost to receive JUST ONE fuse in French Guiana where I live. It's totally INSANE! :blink:

I will search on Ebay...

I forgot to mention that all three tube seem to be working, they are on.

I opened a ticket and wait for support.

Thx Brazzy,

Your Welcome. Hope you get what you need.

If you go to standby and listen carefully you will hear a faint click in about 30-60 seconds like an internal relay is switching.

I just did that with my DT50 and I heard that click ever so faintly.

• Downvote 1

Yep, looks good indeed. I'm waiting for an answer from Line6 support to see what they think about the problem with the amp.

Well, I think my DT25 needs new tubes. Better change all of them. Do you know what are the tube ref. and where we can purchase?

This is how my amp tubes look

Thanks a lot guys. I need to learn all kind of things because I don't know anything about amp!!  :mellow:

I bought mine from Eurotubes.  Here's what I purchased:

Item                  Description                       Qty.        Price

ECC83S-B         ECC83S Balanced             1          $14.00

EL84-2               EL84 Matched Pair            1          $24.00

I bought mine from Eurotubes.  Here's what I purchased:

Item                  Description                       Qty.        Price

ECC83S-B         ECC83S Balanced             1          $14.00

EL84-2               EL84 Matched Pair            1          $24.00

Thanks a lot man! Are they the JJ's tubes people talk about on the forum?

Thanks a lot guys. I need to learn all kind of things because I don't know anything about amp!!  :mellow:

I'm right with you when you said I need to learn. Hope you get it fixed sooner than later. Please let us know how it goes.