Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help please. (Amplifi +Pod X3)

sorrelity

I've been using the amplifi 150 for a few months now, and I recently bought the pedal "POD X3 Live" I've never used a pedal before.

But anyways, I plugged my guitar into the "guitar in" input on the pod, and had a 1/4 jack running out from the Left Mono right beside the guitar in, and had that run into my amplfi 150. It's playing sound, but I can hear my amp's sounds/effects as well as the pod's sounds. It sounds like crap. Is the amp supposed to put out it's effects too?

Hey there,

While I don't have an Amplifi I would think you are better off running the X3 into a power amp or the line in of a combo.

If you are determined to use the Amplifi with the X3, set everything on the A-fi to as clean as possible and don't set the X3's output too high.

-B

They are not designed to be used together like that. You're better off to use one or the other at any time.

Send the Pod's outputs directly to studio monitors or a mixer/PA, to the power section of an amp, or to the regular guitar input of an amp that does not use amp/FX modeling.