Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powering the POD...

smrybacki

I use a Spider Jam and/or DT50 Head/DT25 Cab. Usually I just go into the front of the Spider Jam with Combo Front. With the DT50 I use the L6 link but sometimes I go into the front of that too. I'm going to be trying the 4 cable method soon to see what gives. Suppose I should try going into the power amp section too, 1 thing at a time, lol. When I monitor with phones using Pod Farm and recording into RiffWorks or other DAW I use inexpensive headphones, Ear Candy ear plugs, Bose AE headphones, Beryerdynamic DT990 open backed headphones and sometimes the above amps. I also have Jet City Picovalve and JCA12S+ Cab.

I recently blew up a set of Coby headphones and can't believe they lasted through a year of punishment, lol.

Coby.jpg?psid=1

I'm using a stereo power amp into a Fender Tremolux cabinet that has two Eminence coaxial, full range speakers and crossovers. This setup covers everything including acoustic guitar (Variax 700 Acoustic), mandolin, electric guitar and bass.

Bugera V22 and Crate V50. Stereo tube amp setup and lovin it!

I wanted one of those Bugera V22's too, I thought it was an excellent value 'cause it really sounded good to me.

I'm using a stereo power amp into a Fender Tremolux cabinet that has two Eminence coaxial, full range speakers and crossovers. This setup covers everything including acoustic guitar (Variax 700 Acoustic), mandolin, electric guitar and bass.

Sounds like a pro! :) I like that set up. :)

I've been considering this (well, something similar) for a Full-Range rig. Are you using it in true stereo (different signals in each speaker) and if so, have you noticed any negatives to having both sides in the same box. I do with with a guitar amp, but there is less frequency range to worry about inside a guitar cabinet. Also, are you using the tweeters/crossovers in the speakers or are they combined coaxial. I really want to get a consistent tone from gig to gig and avoid having to bring a mic for my cab to get it into the IEM rig we're using.