Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My strange path to reasonable digital satisfaction....

I have been a user of the POD series since the XT line dropped, and I even got the model packs for my red bean.  I used my PODXT mostly for the Guitarport service and I learned quite a few songs using it.  But alas, that service withered and died on the vine.  Line 6 did the fair thing and comped me the POD Farm 2.5 standard as compensation which didn't mean much to me at the time, but hey it was free so thanks guys.

Then, along came the HD500 and I bit on that as well and sold off my PODXT , but I kept the model packs because I found out they worked in the POD Farm and as well in Propellerheads Reason which was kinda cool and besides, I'd paid for them already.  The only ones that I didn't have were the so called "Power Pacl" and the "Bass Pack".  In any event, I spent most of the next year trying to make the PODHD500 and my pair of Tech21 Power Engines work for me somehow, usually with dissappointing results. 

So last night I pulled up the POD Farm stand alone (finally) and started to play with it and I was therefore playing through my recording setup monitors which are a pair of KRK Rokit 5s and things sounded fairly amazing suddenly.  The blanket was removed, and the differences that I barely noticed in the HD Models became really apparent with the (so-called) lesser XT models.  So I sprang for the Power Pack figuring I get 30 days to really wring this whole thing out, but I have to say that as a recording (with VSTs) and self-contained practice facility -- POD Farm may well be all I needed to begin with.

So, am I out here alone thinking the XT models are actually better than the HD models?  Or is it just my Power Engines that need replaced with a true FRFR system for my HD500?  Thoughts?

Yeah, for some users it seems to take more time to dial in a tone they like compared to XT/POD Farm.

I like both, but I defiantly can feel how the HD reacts more, I do prefer the HD.

With they would make an HD plug-in!!

Yep...that'd be great...wonder if these new HD Model packs *might* just fly inside POD farm?  Prolly not...

So, am I out here alone thinking the XT models are actually better than the HD models?  Or is it just my Power Engines that need replaced with a true FRFR system for my HD500?  Thoughts?

All I know is I really like pod Farm 2.57 and I still use GearBox. I didn't have an XT but I have the X3 Pro is that similar?

Get 10 guitar players in a room, and the only thing they will all agree on is that they'd all like to be able to play a little faster. If you like it, it meets your needs, and doesn't burst into flames on stage, then it's good. The average listener can't tell a screaming Strat from a rusty chainsaw anyway.

• Upvote 1