Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stacking Dt25 Cabs ?

geppert

Wondering for those who have experience with 2, if stacking two DT25 Cabs is stable enough ?? I have a DT25 Head/Cab and am considering a 2nd Cab. Just wondering if the vertical approach would work ??? I like having the head up at arms reach which would be perfect if sitting on top of two cabs stacked. Last thing I would want is for that pillar to topple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Received the 2nd cab ... used at band practice last week .... totally worth it.  Love the look of "the tower". I think my rig is now "complete".... well, I guess I could use a second head for stereo ..... stop .... stop ... stop .... (that's my wife speaking) .... honestly though, the 2nd cab is a very nice addition. Thanks to all who responded.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Crusty about using two DT-25 heads...One DT-25 head is a bit underpowered for Fender spank tone...just doesn't have the power too jump out of the box and stay clean enough...Sorry, just trying to help you rationalize a second head properly.... ;)

STOP IT you guys .... my wife reads this forum .... lol !~!

For what I am doing I really don't need the second head although I know it would sound awesome ..... but then, I've bought a lot of s%$t I really don't need in the past so why would it stop me now .... !~!~!~ More of the problem (outside of the cost) is lugging that extra gear around. I ain't getting any younger. I wouldn't lug it all to practices anyways (as I can't leave it there), and we don't play that many gigs to justify it .... there .... I've talked myself out of it ... I think.

• 3 months later...

post-150593-0-73985000-1385477284_thumb.jpg

This is my stack, but don't be fooled...the top cab isn't just a cab. It's the combo DT25. This means I have a back up should my head play up & I can run both together via L6 link if I want to 'up the power'.

Usually, I just run the 4 ohm outputs from the head into both cabs & don't even switch the combo on, so I just use the combo's speaker, not its amp. I had to order a longer cable for the combo's built in speaker to reach the 4 ohm output on the head as the factory cable isn't long enough, but it's worth it. Lots of options for lots of different gig scenarios.

P.s - don't tell my wife. She thinks the top speaker is just the normal cab. She'd go nuts if she lifted the head and saw all those buttons! ;)