Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SpiderJam no effects/presets only clean

motley70

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I managed to figure out how to format the SD card to fat16 and install the firmware update. I then followed the procedures for updating the amplifier's firmware, hoping that this would solve the issue of not having any effects. The amp still plays a clean sound but other than that I still have no effects at all.

Any recommendations of what I should do? I have spent quite a bit of time on this issue and don't know what to do now.

So I managed to figure out how to format the SD card to fat16 and install the firmware update. I then followed the procedures for updating the amplifier's firmware, hoping that this would solve the issue of not having any effects. The amp still plays a clean sound but other than that I still have no effects at all.

Any recommendations of what I should do? I have spent quite a bit of time on this issue and don't know what to do now.

Make sure the record setting is set to "Guitar". Do the amp models work?

Hey Brazzy,

Thanks, for replying. I double checked that it was set to guitar.... and it is.

The led lights switch as I select the different models but the sound comes out clean. I can use the select know to scroll through the song and artist sounds, but again the sound remains clean.

Is there a fuse or something that could have blown when powering up maybe?

Hey Brazzy,

Thanks, for replying. I double checked that it was set to guitar.... and it is.

The led lights switch as I select the different models but the sound comes out clean. I can use the select know to scroll through the song and artist sounds, but again the sound remains clean.

Is there a fuse or something that could have blown when powering up maybe?

Your welcome, I'm not aware of a fuse that would cause this. I'm at loss here and not sure what to say. If I find any info about this I'll let you know

I would suggest doing a support ticket but I think they would say give it to a Line 6 service center. I think you know how that goes. If you can't get it working, since it has clean sound, you might be able to run a modeler into the input. If that's not an option you might want to look for another amp. I always said to myself, if my Spider Jam get's to the point where it doesn't work and I can't fix it I would turn it into an 8 ohm cab for one of my tube amps. I hope you get going though!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, 

I turned my amp on and only have a clean sound. The Amp Models dial does not change the sound and none of the presets work either. Was working fine the last time I used it. Anyone have this problem? 

Thanks

Hey, strange yours happened 2 years ago almost to the day! Is there some timing bug or something? LOL

Anyway, same thing happened to me.

My amp always worked fine, no problems, then today turned it on, hit the tuning to get everything just right, but when I returned to play my guitar it was only clean sound. All other effects disabled and not working.

Weird.

Tried uplugging for long time and restart but still nothing but clean sound. Reverb seems to work but no matter what I do clean sound only.

Anyone else have a solution?

And did your problem begin in February? :wacko:  

• Upvote 1

Okay, found the solution. For me at least, anyway....

KEEP YOUR 3 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER AWAY FROM YOUR SPIDER AMP. 

Yup, she had unplugged my cord and stuck it back in the AUX hole.

Live and learn.

Personally, I've never used that particular input before.

Sweet Amelia thought I should try it out. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...