Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 Boot Problem HELP

wtraeholt

When i turn on my amp today nothing came on except the four tone leds came on constant. (ABCD). No sound, nothing flashing, no lights on master volume, no bluetooth connection and can't do an update via usb. tried factory reset by pushing master volume and tone buttons together when turning the unit on. nothing seems to work.. help!!!

No to tell the truth i never did do an update to it. Tech support has told me it has a definite hardware issue though and it will either need to be repaired or be replaced. Up until this, the amp was working great. You can hear the power supply turn on but get nothing from anything. Thanks for the reply!!! Hope no one else has this issue... P.S. This started when i hooked up my my FBV MKII controller to the amp, turned it on, and this is what happened. Did i do something wrong? Now gonna be a little frightened to try it again with a different amp... Anyone else have this issue?

No to tell the truth i never did do an update to it. Tech support has told me it has a definite hardware issue though and it will either need to be repaired or be replaced. Up until this, the amp was working great. You can hear the power supply turn on but get nothing from anything. Thanks for the reply!!! Hope no one else has this issue... P.S. This started when i hooked up my my FBV MKII controller to the amp, turned it on, and this is what happened. Did i do something wrong? Now gonna be a little frightened to try it again with a different amp... Anyone else have this issue?

The very first Amplifi 75 that I purchased did the same thing.  It wouldn't go into update mode, and wouldn't respond to the factory reset.  I returned it to the store I bought it from and they ordered in a new one for me.

My replacement amp did it again about a week ago (I've had it for several months now) but this time the problem seemed to be caused by having the USB still plugged into my computer.  I had been recording the day before and forgot to unplug it when I was done.  I turned the amp off, unplugged it, and turned the amp back on and everything was back to normal.

I use the MKII Shortboard as well, so I don't think that's the cause of your issue.  Unless perhaps you're using the wrong type of cable.  The cable that comes with the Shortboard is extremely long, so I use a regular PC ethernet cable.  There's a section in the manual that states which are the correct and incorrect types of cables to use (I don't have it handy at the moment).

If you're worried about having it plugged into the amp when you turn it on, you can plug it in afterwards as well.  It makes no difference.

Tried to plug the MKII back in and out several times. The only thing that seems to happen is the ABCD lights get alot brighter when i plug it in. Also tried doing the same with the usb cord but makes no difference. Both Mac and PC don't even find it when it is plugged in. Its like its not even plugged in. Gonna try and get it fixed on warranty. If not its time to get a new one. Thanks everybody!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have an Amplifi 150 that I bought around 6 - 8 months ago.  Never had any issues.  Updated firmware several weeks ago.  used for rehearsal yesterday (first time in a few months). Worked great all day.  This morning, it would not turn on.  4 steady lights just like mentioned by  "just startin" above.  tried reset.  no luck.  plugged in my MKII pedal board several times.  No luck.  Help!

I bought a 150 last night. Played around with it for a few hours... very cool. I tried to run the firmware update, and now I have nothing but four solid lights. Factory reset does nothing. Bluetooth connects for a a minute then turns off on the amp even though my iPad still says it's connected. What the ....?

• 5 years later...
On 3/8/2015 at 2:25 PM, tsuba said:

I have an Amplifi 150 that I bought around 6 - 8 months ago.  Never had any issues.  Updated firmware several weeks ago.  used for rehearsal yesterday (first time in a few months). Worked great all day.  This morning, it would not turn on.  4 steady lights just like mentioned by  "just startin" above.  tried reset.  no luck.  plugged in my MKII pedal board several times.  No luck.  Help!

i have same issue, can someone help me how to fix this problem?

• 10 months later...

Did anyone find the solution to the solid light amp does absolutely nothing mode? Happened to my Amplifi 150 and now it just sits here as a big paperweight. Would like to know if anyone knows how to fix it because I'm not messing with support, they won't help. 

• 2 years later...