Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Warmoth 24.75" Pro Conversion neck on JTV-69

Hi All, in another thread I asked if anyone got a replacement neck from Line 6 under warranty.  No one responded that they had.  The consensus from others was to get a new Strat type neck.  If I go that route, I would like to customize it a bit and since I like the shorter scale of a Les Paul I am considering Warmoth's 24.75" Pro Conversion neck that is designed for use with a Strat to shorten the scale.  Has anyone here done that with their JTV's or Strats?  If so, how did it work out and what, if any, pitfalls are there that I should be aware of?  Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

I used to work in the sales office at Warmoth an I did have a customer use a replacement neck on his 69 Variax. The specks are the same in regards to the neck heel and pocket and all turned out well for him. He did let me know that he did have to do some minor sanding to the heel and pocket to get a proper fit. Very little if any is what he told me because of it being such a tight fit. A Warmoth 24.75" is made to those same spec's as well so no worries! I have an 89-F and have thought about gutting it and installing it all into a custom build. Hope it works for you and do let me know how it goes!