Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two clips demoing the Plexi and Treadplate models - HD500X

PeterJH

I've put these two patches together to demo the Plexi and the Treadplate amps in the HD500X.

In Part 2 of my video series, I'll show how to build these two patches and also how to make them "sit in the mix". They should also work well in a live situation.

The guitars were double tracked (Gibson Les Paul) just to show how big they can be coming from a modeller.

Cheers,

Peter.

https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/hd500x-tread

https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/hd500x-plex

• Upvote 7

I've put these two patches together to demo the Plexi and the Treadplate amps in the HD500X.

In Part 2 of my video series, I'll show how to build these two patches and also how to make them "sit in the mix". They should also work well in a live situation.

The guitars were double tracked (Gibson Les Paul) just to show how big they can be coming from a modeller.

Cheers,

Peter.

These sound really good, especially the treadplate.

Are both solo and rhythm parts in each of these tracks using the same patch with the same settings, or did you add/modify the settings for the solo guitar?

Cheers,

Peter.

Nicely done Peter. "Part 2 of your Video Series" ? I wasn't aware of your work. I was just checking out your website. I will have to spend a little time there & look at the 1st series of video for the Pod HD500(X). Great stuff!

Wow!!! Thanks so much for your comments everyone.

I'm really glad that everyone is interested in the video series. I've worked really hard to put this together.

I'm also very happy that my patches are being used with success. I try and keep my settings and patches as simple as possible. I do find that by "loading" too many efx before and after the modelled amp the actual core of the tone is lost and in a mix or a live situation, the guitar gets completely lost in the mix.

@alienux, the solo gtrs and backing gtrs are essentially the same except that on the solo gtr I've added a stereo delay.

@baron55, yes, it is the Les Paul. The pickups in my Std are not that hot. They are slightly hotter than the vintage pick ups.

@mastersonics, thanks for your comment. I'd really like to hear how your show goes with those patches.

Cheers,

Peter.

me too , hated and ignored jcm 800, I thought this jcm 800 garbage and completely useless, but after peter everything changed ahahaha .

this afternoon I had the opportunity to try all his patches  in soundcheck in a venue that I will play tonight, great PA and playing too loud, they sounded really good, even garbage jcm 800 aahahh,  and treadplate that I could never be satisfied on pa now got.

Thanks peter

Thanks for your comments guys,

@ChaserHUN, I monitor on a pair of Yamaha HS50Ms.

@Gui, I'm glad that you're getting a good tone in your live gigs and that the patches helped.

@gumby999 The patch will be on my website when I upload my next video.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks, bjnette.

Much appreciated.

@stumblin man, I'd like to hear your feedback on the patches.

Cheers,

Peter.

I've tried them a little so far. Seem alright. The volume levels are very different so I will do some leveling and give you a more complete opinion when I've had time to crank them up and go for a while. They are much better than a lot I've tried off customtone, that's for sure.

Hey Peter,

I just checked out the Fender Twin Reverb patch from your website. I really like it quite a bit. I have a low/medium gain patch that I've been using live that uses the Super O and I've always liked the patch, but felt like I wanted to do something a little different with it that I couldn't quite pin down using the Super O. The Fender Twin Reverb patch is perfect for what I've been wanting. I just needed to increase the mids to make it work for what I need.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

I was very excited manly with the peter jcm patches because when I tried the first time it was on a Great PA and souded very good, but after that, I did several gigs in pa not so good

conclusion, the jcm manly sounded very bad,

conclusion: run the direct pod in the mixer depends almost 100% quality of pa, but not necessarily just the soundman, because sometimes the band is sounding very, very good, drums ,keaybords and bass but not the guitar. because guitar sound depends on many factors, many frequencies and tones.

It's virtually impossible to create a patch (especially a distorted one) that will sound good on just about every pa. There are just too many variables that come into play.

The places where most pa's differ are in their mid range frequency reproduction. Unfortunately that's also where a guitar frequency lives.

A sound guy should be aware of these things and be able to make changes by cutting or adding eq to correct these differences.