Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD recording and playing with an Blackstar amp (emulated out and loop questions)

REI_ARTHUR

I have two questions on amp usage with the POD X3 live. I plan on  using the POD with an amp and record it. The amp is a Blackstar amp that has an emulated output for use with phones or a mixing/record device. I only use the POD for recording and I dont plan on buying anything to record. But I would like to record the amp tone and add only effects from the pod. Could I use the emulated output from the amp directly into the POD? What connection should should i use it? Could I turn off modelling and use the modulations?

On the topic of using the POD for only effects on an amp's effects loop... 

"Q: Can I run my POD/X3/xt/Pro/Live/Floor in an effect loop of an amplifier to use just the effects rather than the amp modeling?

A: Yes, it is possible to to run a POD as an effect unit in the effect loop of an amplifier. You may want to turn off the amp modeling or use as clean a sound as possible to avoid stacking preamps. You may also need to lower the “line level†signal of the amplifier's effect send output to "instrument level" to avoid potential damage to the input of your POD. Some POD units will have a pad switch that will accomplish this function. If your POD unit does not have an input pad switch, a device such as the Ebtech Line Level Shifter can be used to lower the line level if necessary."

Would the Switch mentioned be the GUITAR IN PAD i have on my POD X3 live? So i should turn it to the "ON POSITION" to avoid damage to the POD when using it in an amp's effects loop?