Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware update?

aaronhenry58

In context, please. FW 2.6 and model packs will hopefully be available for HD500X and HD Pro X by the end of March, with support for HD500, HD Pro, and HD Bean shortly thereafter (hopefully no longer than a week or two after the others).

You're all trying to get me fired, huh? ;)

• Upvote 2

There's also a negative edge to the anxiousness. I thought I had pretty well settled on a bass tone, but with the new bass amps/cabs coming, that's likely not true anymore.

I look forward to the update because they have probably learned from past mistakes and tweaked how they do their amp/cab simulations. I suspect people will generally be pleased with the new models. Hoping for too much? Maybe. Optimistic by nature.

But I also dread it. It's the tediousness and time sucking process of constructing a new bass tone and then the possibility exists that I have to go over my existing songs and redo at least the bass parts.

Thanks Nico! (p.s., welcome back! :)

Looks like a bunch of new HD models; I wonder how the bass amp models will correspond to DT power amp settings?

Would be sweet to use the DT as a tube bass poweramp into a killer bass cabinet.

So, it's essentially 8 new HD guitar amp models + 1 new cabinet (JC120) + the 5 HD bass models

New HD Models:

1. Peavey 5150 (block logo),

2. Bogner Shiva,

3. Remastered JCM800 (model 2204)

4. Orange OR-80

5. Roland JC-120

6. Fender Champ (Tweed)

7. VOX AC30 Fawn Normal

8. VOX AC30 Fawn Bright

9. JC-120 cab,

POD Farm models:

1. Insane,

2. Big Bottom,

3. Varaic'ed Plexi,

4. Purge,

5. Aggro,

6. Smash

7. Octone

8. POD Farm Acoustic

Bass Pack: (HD)

1. Ampeg SVT Normal,

2. Ampeg SVT Bright,

3. Gallien-Kruger 800RB,

4. SVT 8x10 cab,

5. SVT 410 HLF cab

Edited by ColonelForbin
  • Upvote 1

the bass models are all HD.

Sweeet! I am guessing those are primarily intended to be used in studio/direct mode; though I suppose since they are HD models, they will also include the PRE versions..

Overall, those will be nice for doing some recording.

Mostly just excited for the HD guitar amp models.. The port over from the old models is cool, but since they won't have PRE versions, not sure how well they will integrate with the DT amps.

It's funny, everyone worked up over the model packs being split between 'styles': I would like a version of the model packs with ONLY the new HD models. I don't care as much about the POD farm models, with the exception of the Plexi Variac'd - I wish that was a proper HD model with a PRE...

The $50 metal pack buys you 3 new HD amps, whereas the $50 vintage pack buys you 5 new HD amps + 2 new HD cab models.

I am still hopeful the POD Farm acoustic will help translate the JTV acoustic models going through the DT link to something better / more usable. We'll see!

So it goes, looks like the $99 pack is the route I will most likely head down sometime after St Patricks' day..   :)

I just bought a HD500x.  Being shipped now.  Can't wait to try it, and I can't wait for the Bogner Shiva model in the metal pack.  

I realized, they should expand the channel options on the various amps. I hadn't taken the time to think about the three SLO amp models as essentially three channels of ONE amp.

As is the case with the Shiva; which channel did they model? For that matter, which power tube option did they model - the EL34, the 6L6 or the KT88's?

From the Bogner description:

http://www.bogneramplification.com/shiva

"Featuring two highly evolved channels, capable of clean tones that shimmer like icicles in the deep of winter moonlight and tube saturation that is so rich and powerful it should be illegal in the free world. Foot-switchable boost function for both channels, variable for channel 2."

"Standard Shiva - EL34 models are 80 watts and have a nice throaty growl with aggressive English-style midrange to punch thru the mix. 6L6 models are 60 watts and have a touch more lowend/highend extension that's more American-style."

"20th Anniversary Shiva - comes with a pair of KT88’s and the amp is rated at 90 watts. The clean channel has an entire new boost circuit. Unlike the tone stack bypass boost on the other Shiva model this boost has a separate gain stage which brings this channel into Plexi territory when boost is engaged. The tone controls stay in the circuit and affect the sound. The gain channel features higher gain and a slightly more refined type of gain. Two push button switches have been added to further shape the tone. The Shift button will as it is labeled shift the EQ., pushed in you will have a more Fender or type tone, less mids softer feel. One could say it will please the Dumble favoring players. The Mode button if pushed in will give a more aggressive in your face feel."

Anybody have experience with the POD Farm Acoustic?  Would you expect it to work well with a pair of DT25's and L3 using a JTV69S? Better acoustic sound?

I suppose, will be related to how they pair the DT typology to the POD Farm acoustic 'model'. 

I am hopeful for this addition as well!