Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looped riff is not changing with the patch

JFrankParnell

Looper on 'pre', record a riff.  Hit play, loop is playing with current patch, as expected.

Hit loop button to get out of looper, change patch, loop has not changed, same sound as before.  Even changing sounds, within the current patch is not changing the loop. However, live sound from the guitar is chaning.

So, I am trying hard to figure out how to use the looper as an audition tool for the sounds.  Can I please get a step by step on this?

You may actually have the looper in post mode. Note that in the looper controls display, the display tells you what mode the looper WILL be in if you hit the corresponding footswitch. In other words, if the display says PRE the looper is currently in POST mode.

The signal chain view shows you where the looper actually is, at the head (pre mode, post displayed on the footswitch) or tail (post mode, pre displayed on the footswitch).

Anyone found a way to turn the looper effect on and off? I want to turn the looper off so that I can use the MIDI CC messages on the Looper footswitches to control MainStage. Currently I'm turning the looper volume all the way down - but that is a global parameter and doesn't get saved with a patch.

Looper on 'pre', record a riff.  Hit play, loop is playing with current patch, as expected.

Hit loop button to get out of looper, change patch, loop has not changed, same sound as before.  Even changing sounds, within the current patch is not changing the loop. However, live sound from the guitar is chaning.

So, I am trying hard to figure out how to use the looper as an audition tool for the sounds.  Can I please get a step by step on this?

I was not aware of being able to use the looper as a patch audition tool.  Great idea!