Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving presets with Amplifi TT

adagosto

Hi.

I just got my Table Top unit. It's really nice. I had the FX100 for a short while but returned it so I could get the TT. So far I like it even more. I hope to post a detailed review later, but I need to first figure out what wrong with my saving preset process.

I followed the instructions but I just can get it to save. I'm trying to save "No Amp" in Bank 1, preset A. I have the settings all dialed in, I hold down the Tone button for a few seconds, it eventually will start blinking. At this point I'm supposed to press the Tone button repeatedly until I move the light to the place I want it, A, B, C or D. Then press and hold the Tone button for 2 seconds.

Well in my case, while the light is blinking, the moment I press the Tone button to pick a new preset to save to, the tone changes, as if it was not blinking in the first place. Regardless of where the light is, A, B, C or D, I cannot save my presets to any of them.

Does anyone see what I'm screwing up here???

Please help!

Thx!

• Upvote 1

Okay forget that Preset problem.  I have a bigger issue!!

So, the saving of presets using the Tone button on the Table Top unit itself, and holding the button down for two seconds and all that stuff, just does not work.  

So, what I did was, I saved a preset to an open User Bank at the end of the list.  I think it was Bank 25, preset A.  That worked.

Then I moved that preset all the way to the front of the list to Bank 1 preset A.  This pushed the original "A" preset down and that's fine with me.  Everything seemed just fine.

Then I shut everything down and restarted the Table Top and Amplifi App and it’s been going haywire ever since.  It will not connect, it cannot sync and I'm totally hosed.  I'm thinking right now my only way out is a hard reset.  It seems to me that the software/hardware is looking for the original saved preset that was in Bank 1 preset A.  Because it's not there anymore, it’s confused.

Has anyone seen this?  Any ideas?  Thoughts?  Prayers......

Thanks!

What does "save to hardware" do actually?  Where does the tone go? To one of the 4 presets on the TT itself?   What bank controls those presets? or do I have to save those manually as in the Pilot's Guide.

VERY DISAPPOINTED in the lack of documentation.  Asking questions in a Forum is painfully slow....The Knowledge Base is woefully sparse.  I am a long time Line6 fan from my AX2 through today (since 1999).  Line 6 has always give good documentation... what you've done to support Amplifi is bizarre....please send these remarks up to mgt. 

You can delete any of your "My Tones".

Call up a "My Tones" tone

Click the > to edit

Click the upload to cloud icon

Click the trashcan

The AMPLIFi has 100 preset slots on the actually hardware, 25 banks of A B C D

When you save to hardware you are physically storing the tone to one of the presets.

Your reply did not answer my questions, this is why I'm frustrated.  It's not you, it's the nature of "forums".  So I will try to be more precise.

My 1st  question: "can you 'save over' an existing My Tone?  Your answer implies NO, a 'save over" an existing My Tone is not possible, you must always go into My Tones and delete the previous version.  Is that really true? Creating a custom tone is always iterative and takes dozens if not hundreds of "saves" to get it right.  Hard to believe you can "save over"... Or am I missing something.

My 2nd question. " when you save to hardware" how do you get the tones into one of the 4 that are controlled by the button on the front of the unit itself?

Thank you.  Aside from the funky quality and lack of clear instruction manual for the remote APP, the TT and other Amplifi products are stellar.  

My apologies.

So if you call up a "My Tones" tone, enter the editor, and make a tweak, pressing the upload to cloud icon will give you three options:

Trash, Save, and Publish to Line6 Cloud.

If you click save, you can "Save to My Tones" or "Save tone as".

Choosing "Save to My Tones" Should overwrite, "Save tone as" gives the option to rename it, but if you do not rename it, you will have another tone with the same name.

When saving to hardware, you need to specify the location.

Tones A, B, C, and D accessible form the TT without the app are Bank 1 A, B, C, and D.

Thanks.  That clarified those issues.

Now, my Android Tablet will not synch with the TT.  The tablet is brand new, current version of Android OS.  Do I need a firm ware update to the TT (which is also brand new?) How will I know in the future when the TT will need firmware updates? 

Likely your TT has FW prior to Android Comparability.

You will need to flash it to the current firmware with a PC via the USB Utility or via Bluetooth with an iOS7 or 8 device.

Once you are current, you will be able to pair with compatible Android devices.

You can check for updates via the app, but typically the app will yell at you if there is new fw.

royswan,

Hold on.  I think you are seeing the same problem I have that started this thread.

When you "Saved to Hardware", did you by chance either change the original tone stored in Bank 1 preset "A" OR did you move a new Tone into that first slot?  The first slot is called Fidelity something or other.  It's a Marshall amp I believe.

IF YOU MOVE OR SAVE OVER THE ORIGINAL BANK 1 PRESET A, the App and TT will stop functioning.  I was going to post this in a new thread today.  This is clearly a bug.  Also, the process of saving tones by using the buttons on the front panel of the TT is also a bug.  The process will not work and cannot be done (yet).

If I'm correct and you moved the original Bank 1 preset A, the fix it easy, but annoying.

1. Uninstall the app then restart your tablet/phone.

2. While it's restarting, Reset the Table Top.  The instructions are online.  (Turn it off, then press and hold the Tone button and the volume button at the same time while you turn the TT back on.  Keep the two buttons pressed down until you see the red volume lights come back on.  Then let go.

3. By this point your tablet/phone has restarted.  Reinstall the app and you'll be able to connect again. 

NEXT, create whatever Tone you want but move it to Bank 1 preset B or higher.  Anywhere other than Bank 1 preset A will be fine.

One more thing...

When you save to hardware, you don't actually need the app to use the TT/FX100!!  That's what's nice about moving your most used tones to Bank 1 (B, C and D--again, don't screw with "A" until this gets fixed!!).  If you just turn on the TT/FX100 and your amp, you can play through those 4 tones without the need to connect to the app.  In the case of the FX100, you'll have access to all the banks and tones WITHOUT CONNECTING TO THE APP.  You won't be able to edit anything (except for Gain, EQ and Reverb via the front panel).  But for a quick hop onto the amp with your guitar, its very nice.

I plan on posting a new thread about the potential uses of this feature later.

Good luck!!

• Upvote 1

I did save over Bank 1A, Fidelity, but no problems with that here.  On the other hand, upgrade to latest version and factory reset did not get my Android App working. However, I understand that the world of Droid is so fragmented it can be spotty getting something like this to work.

I am not a typical user.  I do a solo act playing jazz/soul/r&b (over a huge collection collection of backing tracks in iRealPro) at top country clubs and restaurants in Los Angeles.  Amplifi TT lets me simplifi my rig.  Gig tonite, using the TT.  Direct into the house system. TT, ES-175, iPad, guitar cable.  That is sweet.  I expect it will go well.  Testing this week has be awesome.  As stated by others, the Amplifi blends guitar into the mix quite well, so that it sounds like you are actually part of the band, not playing over a backing track.  I've got my 4 presets loaded into the TT, that's more than I need for this type of work, so the TT can talk to my backing trax in iRealPro all nite..

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

So what started this thread was my problem saving to the Bank 1A location.  If I moved or modified the default tone stored "out of the box" at the Bank 1A location, the Table Top would perminently lose the bluetooth connection with the app.  The "Fidelity Rhythm" tone was essentally locked in place.  The only way to fix the situation was to preform a reset of the Table Top.

Anyway, I submitted a ticket to Line 6 and we went round and round on this for a while.  Eventually they came to the conclusion that I have a problem with the actual unit and they want me to ship it back to them.  Now I have to find a good time to ship is back.  I'm in the middle of a project right now and it's not a very good time to be without.  Too bad too because this is only a minor inconvience as ALL OTHER Banks and locations work prefectly.  This is probably the most insignificant reason to ship a unit back, but what can I do?

They were have been pretty good to me so far.

• 9 months later...
Hello!

I have the same problem as in adagosto.

Firmware Version 2.50.2

I followed the instructions but I just can get it to save. I'm trying to save "No Amp" in Bank 1, preset A. I have the settings all dialed in, I hold down the Tone button for a few seconds, it eventually will start blinking. At this point I'm supposed to press the Tone button repeatedly until I move the light to the place I want it, A, B, C or D. Then press and hold the Tone button for 2 seconds. 

Well in my case, while the light is blinking, the moment I press the Tone button to pick a new preset to save to, the tone changes, as if it was not blinking in the first place. Regardless of where the light is, A, B, C or D, I cannot save my presets to any of them.

When this problem will be solved ??? I want to turn on the device after playing with my customized sound, but I can not do it!

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is an old thread, but I had a similar problem with my TT in that I couldn't seem to figure out how to overwrite the four factory presets, and none of the prior solutions worked for me. I just figured out how to do it.

1. Select the desired tone, click the "Cloud" icon along the top of the app, click the "Save" icon in the top right corner, then select "Save to My Tones".

2. In "My Tones" select the desired tone to be stored in the presets.

3. In the top right corner will be three vertical squares. Click on those, then select "Save to Hardware". This will display the contents of every bank.

4. Select the preset that you wish to overwrite, then confirm the update.

Done.

I have just got my amplifi TT and I am sad to say that it is the worst peace of hardware I have ever got. 

The app is a horrible and half of the does not work. 

Don't mind with built in presets because thy are lollipop, but if you spend some time with it you can actually get a decent tone out of it however yo will not be able to save it and access it when you like. OMFG this thing is a joke.

Might not be so bad if user experience is better but it is so bad that I will not even try any more.

I am so disappointed Line6!!! This is definitely the last Line6 product I will ever try. 

It is just not worth my time.

And I cant even return it because I got it for my birthday. I would rather have new set of strings then this.

Just because you got it as a gift doesn't mean you can't return it. And regarding your inability to save changes, either you have a defective unit or you aren't doing it correctly. My advice is read the instructions again, and if it still doesn't work return it and get something else.

• 1 month later...

My problem is the same! It's March 2017 and no solution yet? very strange.

Ludek

Hello!
I have the same problem as in adagosto.
Firmware Version 2.50.2

When this problem will be solved ??? I want to turn on the device after playing with my customized sound, but I can not do it!

• 1 month later...

Have just got my this weekend for only 230$, it's a steal for that very good piece of gear. Mine work fine for saving my patch on any bank and patch. For sure i don't save it on the first bank but working fine oin any others. For sure i use my FBV Shortboard (for ky Spider Vale MKII). As suggested above read manual again and if you do the right procedure it work fine.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

i have a ampli tt from 2 days, i have updated the firmware to 2.60 release and i'm not able to save a preset from the app on the amplifi TT.

I'm hold and release the tone button for few seconds but nothing is saved on the amplifi tt, simple when i change the bank i lost my preset.

It's a bug or i'm wrong something?

Thanks in Advance,

Fabio From Italy